antarctic clothing

bobbybey

MY wife and I are going to Antarctica on Clipper in two weeks. How to dress and what to bring? I know there have been postings on this before, from people who have been there, but I can't find any right now. Can you give me some detailed advice on this, and anything related (ie, the air trip through Santiago, Sheraton Hotel there, airport transfers) but mainly on what to bring and how to wear it.

MY wife and I are going to Antarctica on Clipper in two weeks. How to dress and what to bring? I know there have been postings on this before, from people who have been there, but I can't find any right now. Can you give me some detailed advice on this, and anything related (ie, the air trip through Santiago, Sheraton Hotel there, airport transfers) but mainly on what to bring and how to wear it.
Thanks

bobby: try posting this over in the Ports of Call forum, in the South America sub-forum-lots of cruisers over there who have done this cruise---hint: layer. We were there last December and in Santiago temps were in high 70s and got progressively cooler as we went south. In Antrarctica proper, for 3 days, temps were in mid-30s. We did not get off the ship however, as we were on the Amsterdam. Hope you have fun-Antarctica was awesome!

Archived