Open seating on Glory and cat 6E

jnadz

I recently booked the 9/26 sailing on the glory and "open seating" was one of my choices. I didn't think open seating was available on the glory until later, but since we're traveling with our 3 year old, I jumped on the opportunity (space is limited).

We also booked a 6E cabin with the floor to ceiling windows. We've never had this category before but it seemed perfect for cruising with a young one. It's a bigger room than any regular balcony or oceanview room and the best view from your bed you can get.

Anyone with experience on either the open seating or 6E cabins?

I recently booked the 9/26 sailing on the glory and "open seating" was one of my choices. I didn't think open seating was available on the glory until later, but since we're traveling with our 3 year old, I jumped on the opportunity (space is limited).

Hi jnadz,

Welcome to the board. I was just looking on Carnival's website and I don't see the "open seating" on their website for the9/26 booking. Did you book over the phone? Come join our roll call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=877025

We loved our 6E on the Liberty in February - but I don't really think that it is any "bigger" than a regular oceanview. The windows are great and the location is perfect. The window slants quite a bit and I have read on the boards that you can put a table and chairs in the spot - I didn't find this to be really true. The bed is really in the way and you have probably a two foot clearance from the window to the bed. This is my experience on the Liberty not the Glory but I am thinking they are the same.

We loved the room so much that we have them booked on our next two cruises.

Just a warning! The crew does do work outside the windows on a small ledge while in port - this happened to us on two different occasions - the first time before sail-a-way and the second time was when we stopped in St. Thomas. DH and I were not in any rush to get off the ship and were sleeping in - we hadn't pulled the blinds down and I woke up to two guys doing work right outside my window. :eek:

There are also two banks of elevators right there and the spa level is very quiet. There is also a door that takes you directly to the outside door. Right to the funky chairs to watch the big screen. Plus it just literally steps away from the lido and buffet if that is your style as well as two pools and three hot tubs. If you go out the door one level is the water slide - it all worked out great for us!

Thanks for the replies.... I booked over the phone directly through carnival and wasn't originally given the choice, but when I asked a question about open seating, the agent said "let me check something" and said there were just a few spots available for open seating on our cruise, so that's what I booked.

As for the size of the room... I think it's only slightly larger than a regular OV (probably due to the outward slanted window) but all OV cabins are a good bit bigger than regular balcony cabins on conquest class ships.... The balcony cuts into the boat as opposed to being added to the outside. With a 3 year old we thought the little extra interior space would be nice, but we can still get nice views out of that window... I'm hoping it will live up to my expecations, but from what I've heard, everyone loves these rooms.

I'm just trying to decide what to do if I get an upsell call... I prefer this cabin to a regular balcony (for reasons above), but I could consider a 9A or suite.

I agree that it might be better for the little one - and yes I would stick with this room due to it's location than go to a balcony somewhere else. Just my opinion - either way you are on a cruise so you can't go wrong!

I had another question on the 6E cabins... is there much noise coming from the floor above, especially at night (say after 8-9pm, when the little ones are trying to sleep)? We have a 3 year old as well, so we'd like to be near the Camp, but not if it's excessively noisy!

And being new to Carnival, what do you mean by "open seating" for dinner?

We are booked on the same cruise on the spa deck as well!!! From the few pictures I have been able to find, it looks like a great room. Guess we will find out together! Thought it was great since we have 2 teen girls and we will be close enough to use the showers in the spa! As well as use the saunas and hot tubs!!!

We weren't given the anytime choice for dinner. Just early and late as normal.

Archived