Vancouver Transportation

What is the best way to get from the Port in Vancouver back to Seattle Airport? We are flying in and out of Seattle. Rhapsody leaves Seattle, but returns to Vancouver. I don't want to buy two one-ways. I am sure there is an easy/cheap (?) ground transportation option. I think it is only 2 hours drive.

Thanks!!!

Look into Quick Coach.

Also, you need to allot more than 2 hours for the drive. I believe the drive itself is around 3 hours (someone from the area will have to correct me) but then you need to add in time for the border which can vary depending on day and time you are at the crossing.

The cruise that leave Seattle but returns to Vancouver seems a little silly. It must be a repositioning cruise of sorts. 4 hours is longer than I thought and is probably not worth the savings on the cruise and two one-way flights is completely cost prohibitive.

Thanks for the info that helped me make up my mind. I think we will do the seattle round trip...alot less headaches it seems

JHCB

Slight correction... I think wrp96 meant Quick Shuttle. Never taken it myself my a coworkers son does it regularly to fly out of Seattle. Thinks it's fine.

I think (not 100% sure) you might be able to find coupons floating around.

I was going to suggest Amtrak too. They don't have very frequent service though.

Border lineup by car on the weekend midday can be pretty brutal.

Look into Quick Coach.

Also, you need to allot more than 2 hours for the drive. I believe the drive itself is around 3 hours (someone from the area will have to correct me) but then you need to add in time for the border which can vary depending on day and time you are at the crossing.

It is 156 miles from the Sea-Tac airport, which is a 3 hr drive plus as much as 2 to 3 hrs at the border. The border time varies a lot, some people take the truck crossing to the east of the normal crossing... Been so long I don't know which is best.

Ed Olson (Laoghaire's husband)

If you take the Quick Coach shuttle that only picks up cruise passengers the wait at the border is not that long. You do not wait in line with all the cars but go off to one side. Every time we have taken the shuttle we have arrived at the border, a border guard has gotten on our bus and asked if we all just got off a cruise ship, we hold up our IDs and he tells us to have a nice day and we're on our merry way.

This bus picks up at both Ballentyne and Canada Place piers and does not stop anywhere else until it gets to SeaTac. If you look at the Quick Coach website you will see that some buses go to all the downtown Vancouver hotels, but a couple of them are for cruise ship passengers only.

The cruise that leave Seattle but returns to Vancouver seems a little silly. It must be a repositioning cruise of sorts. 4 hours is longer than I thought and is probably not worth the savings on the cruise and two one-way flights is completely cost prohibitive.

Thanks for the info that helped me make up my mind. I think we will do the seattle round trip...alot less headaches it seems

JHCB

Have you shopped the price for an open jaw air ticket? We are using them on FF miles for 2 in our family, although it is in and out of YVR...usually you can also book in and out of different airports if you are going in/out of same departure/final destination airport.

I.E. San Diego to YVR and SEA to San Diego etc...

Look into Quick Coach.

Oh yeah! The drive is at least 3 hours.

Slight correction... I think wrp96 meant Quick Shuttle. Never taken it myself my a coworkers son does it regularly to fly out of Seattle. Thinks it's fine.

I think (not 100% sure) you might be able to find coupons floating around.

I was going to suggest Amtrak too. They don't have very frequent service though.

Border lineup by car on the weekend midday can be pretty brutal.

Yes it certainly can be.

I know for Americans it is cheaper to fly to Seattle. But realize this - the cruises out of Vancouver are more scenic and the seas are calmer. They sail on the West Coast of Vancouver Island - there is land on both sides to see. Seattle cruises sail on the east coast of Vancouver Island, where the seas are rougher and there is nothing to see. Also, Seattle cruises have to dock at at Canadian port - and they go to either Prince Rupert or Victoria. Prince Rupert is, well, yawn, and the ships generally don't arrive in Victoria until dinner time. If all you have on an Alaskan cruise is 2 Alaskan ports and Prince Rupert, that's a really weak itinerary. If you have 3 Alaskan ports and Victoria, then that is better.

Hope this helps.:cool:

But realize this - the cruises out of Vancouver are more scenic and the seas are calmer. They sail on the West Coast of Vancouver Island - there is land on both sides to see. Seattle cruises sail on the east coast of Vancouver Island, where the seas are rougher and there is nothing to see.

Ummm, cruises out of Vancouver sail along the east coast of Vancouver Island (and the west coast of the mainland), the west coast of the Island is the side that is open to the wilds of the Pacific Ocean.

Ummm, cruises out of Vancouver sail along the east coast of Vancouver Island (and the west coast of the mainland), the west coast of the Island is the side that is open to the wilds of the Pacific Ocean.

Oopsy! :o That's what I meant! Sorry for the confusion! My bad...:o:o Thank you for the correction.;)

Archived