Is the grand totally renovated

ckr31

we are going to cruise on the grand in 2010 will it the renovation be complete by march 2010

From what I have read is scheduled, the Grand is to complete it's refit in April of 2010. Sounds like you are sailing about a month too early. :(

I don't see any holes in the schedule for the Grand between now and Oct 11, 2010 when she finishes a Transatlantic to Fort Lauderdale. Are some of you suggesting that at least one of her scheduled cruises will be cancelled for a dry/wet dock?

I just booked on the GP for Oct 2009 and was advised by Princess that the ship was in dry docks in December 2008 for a full refurbishment. However when I googled for more info, people have said it was in wet docks with only the new carpets and The Sanctuary added. Anyone sailed on the ship recently?

I just booked on the GP for Oct 2009 and was advised by Princess that the ship was in dry docks in December 2008 for a full refurbishment. However when I googled for more info, people have said it was in wet docks with only the new carpets and The Sanctuary added. Anyone sailed on the ship recently?

We sailed on the Grand on the second cruise out of wet dock the beginning of January this year. The only changes we found (we have sailed on this ship several times in the past) was the santuary was added and new carpets. No other changes are due until the spring of 2010. If Princess told you the ship was in dry dock and fully refurbished, they don't know what they are talking about, sorry! :(

The Grand went into wet dock in December to add the santuary and a few other smaller items, like carpeting.

She isn't due to enter dry dock for adding the special touches the newer ships have until sometime in 2011 (from what I have been told).

From what I have read is scheduled, the Grand is to complete it's refit in April of 2010. Sounds like you are sailing about a month too early. :(

Toto,

Not trying to bust your chops, just anxious about my April 2010 Transatlantic on the Grand. I've already had 2 cruises cancel out from under me that I had booked for 2009 and 2010, and we're well into the "planning" for this one with a two-week land trip afterwards.

Which of your above quotes do you consider your "best" information? And could you point me to a link or a news story about the dry dock?

Toto,

Not trying to bust your chops, just anxious about my April 2010 Transatlantic on the Grand. I've already had 2 cruises cancel out from under me that I had booked for 2009 and 2010, and we're well into the "planning" for this one with a two-week land trip afterwards.

Which of your above quotes do you consider your "best" information? And could you point me to a link or a news story about the dry dock?

My error, sorry. I must have hit the wrong key. From what I have read, the Grand is to go in again in the spring of 2010, not 2011. Again, my apology. BUT, you can never count on these dates as they can change within minutes, as has happened on other ships that were scheduled for the same type of refit. From what I have read though, the refit is supposed to occur in April 2010, unless that date has now changed. Anymore, it is more of a guessing game as to when exactly these ships will be re-done.

I am going to seach for that post that reported the dates, just to make sure.

Toto,

We are also on that sailing and hoping for no changes.

How can we find out for sure? Is it just a waiting game?:)

I don't think any of these dry docks are for sure. They seem to schedule them sometimes more than a year in advance, if it is for a non-mechanical reason, and then poof, they cancel them. As said, the April 2010 date is what was reported, by some that asked onboard the Grand while sailing on her, when the rest of the additions would be made.

But by looking at the schedule now, they have put back the cruises that were reportedly pulled in April. So, your guess is as good as mine. ;) I just did a search and found the info that was reported. :)

We just did a thorough search and can't find anything concerning April 2010 for the Grand!:)

That is good, as we just booked the TA for April 9, 2010... :D FLL to London (Southampton) UK...:)

Archived