Misty Fjord be sea or air

Disneyworld

I have read many posts about Island Wings and Southeast Aviation being great companies to "go" with. So, if I decide on flightseeing, I will chose one of these companies.

A question, Island Wings lands on land for a short while, Southeast doesn't, how big of a deal is that?

Also, boat tours go to Misty Fjord from Ketchikan, which would be better since I can only afford one (there is a tour that does both, but too expensive), a boat tour or flightseeing? I enjoy seeing wildlife so maybe the boat would allow me better views of that, but how neat is it to see the Fjord from the air?

Thanks

I can't speak to the boat tour to Misty Fjord but I did the flightseeing tour with Michelle of Island Wings and it was one of the highlights of my trip. It was truly almost a spiritual experience, the scenery, etc. That day she landed on the water just a few yards from land where a bear was fishing and many eagles and birds. We all got out and stood on the "floats" and snapped pictures like crazy of that bear!:D The peace and quiet with the sounds of the birds was unbelievable. We also saw sea otters and seals from the air. I think it was a really neat perspective from the air. Whatever you choose, enjoy!! :)

Sue

RCI used to bring the cruiseships in Misty. For me, by air is superior for all the hight of the area.

We are on Carnival Spirit, so will not be going anywhere near Misty Fjord by cruise ship. My thought was to do a small boat tour.

As to recent info from the vendor about landing on land, I was just going by their website. I will contact them today to find out if anything has changed on that. If they do land on land for a while is that an important factor?

As to recent info from the vendor about landing on land, I was just going by their website. I will contact them today to find out if anything has changed on that. If they do land on land for a while is that an important factor?

I see their website still shows, "For the highlight of the tour, we will land on an alpine lake or on a calm bay at sea level and let passengers get out of the aircraft and onto land for a quiet excursion." Has that changed?

I see their website still shows, "For the highlight of the tour, we will land on an alpine lake or on a calm bay at sea level and let passengers get out of the aircraft and onto land for a quiet excursion." Has that changed?

I have sent an email off to Island Wings to clarify that and will post when I hear.

We are on Carnival Spirit, so will not be going anywhere near Misty Fjord by cruise ship. My thought was to do a small boat tour.

NONE of these vendors land on LAND. They are floatplanes.

Archived