a couple of petty ?s regarding Splendor

victory2020

Hi all,

Just booked the Spendor & am leaving in 19 days. Can anyone tell me who the maitre'd is right now? Also, are there a lot of tables for 2? I'm sure anytime dining isn't implemented yet?

Regarding the rooms - does Splendor have the non-stealable 2 piece hangers? Lastly, are the safes the kind with the magnetic strip or the code kind?

Thanks

Hi all,

Just booked the Spendor & am leaving in 19 days. Can anyone tell me who the maitre'd is right now? Also, are there a lot of tables for 2? I'm sure anytime dining isn't implemented yet?

Regarding the rooms - does Splendor have the non-stealable 2 piece hangers? Lastly, are the safes the kind with the magnetic strip or the code kind?

Thanks

Hi Vickie,

Don't know if you remember us (Ann & Gale) but we met you on the Paradise in December of 2007. We, too are on this cruise and there is a roll call going. Please come and join up. I don't have the answer to your questions except I do believe that Radu is the asst. maitre'd. I actually sent an email inquiring about anytime dining aboard the Splendor but have not heard anything yet. Hope to see you onboard.

There are set dinning times, early and late. There are several tables for 2. The safe's are the code type and the hangers are those non-stealable type. Can't remember the M'D name, but he was from Ireland.

Hi all,

Thanks

I'm assuming you're on the 5/31 cruise (see, I can add). Join the roll call!

Ah, so Ken is still the maitre'd on the Splendor. He was on the ship when it debuted. I don't know his last name, but he is friends with John Heald. There is a you tube video with him.

The ships tend to have hagers that hook into a slotted knob that hangs fron the bar. They can be stolen, but alas, they'd be no good to anyone at home cuz most people use the typcial hook-on-a-bar hangers!!!

Hi all,

Thanks

Just got off Sunday, and the Maitre d' is Ken, seemed to be plenty of tables for two, no Your Time dining, non-stealable (and barely usable) hangers, and code safes....

Now, come join the roll call...I am going back on the 31st (so it must have been a pretty good time), and we have a good roll call going...

Hi Vickie,

Don't know if you remember us (Ann & Gale) but we met you on the Paradise in December of 2007. We, too are on this cruise and there is a roll call going. Please come and join up. I don't have the answer to your questions except I do believe that Radu is the asst. maitre'd. I actually sent an email inquiring about anytime dining aboard the Splendor but have not heard anything yet. Hope to see you onboard.

Hi Ann!!!!! Of course I remember you! We had great breakfasts together. It will be a joy to see you again. I'll check out the roll call.

Archived