Question about price drops

rccruiser06

From what I've read on these boards, and also what my TA told me, HAL will honour any price drops or specials up to the date your final payment is due, as long as the special isn't just for new bookings.

I've also read that HAL will still honour the price drops after you've paid for the cruise - sometimes with a refund, sometimes with free upgrades.

I noticed a price drop on our January cruise. When I called and nicely asked about it, I received an even better price than what I noted on-line. The cruise line definitely wants its passengers to be happy, and sticking people for booking too early would not make many happy.

Since I went through the on-line booking (not a TA), what I do is merely make a dummy booking on-line and check the cabin price. It takes a few minutes, but it saved us big $$.

How much of a price drop is worth the try. For our Quad cabin it's been the exact same price. For the grandparents Guar. Cabin it's gone down, but only $20.

I figure the $20 isn't worth it yet. Although I'm sure the grandparents would like an extra $20.

How much of a price drop is worth the try. For our Quad cabin it's been the exact same price. For the grandparents Guar. Cabin it's gone down, but only $20.

I figure the $20 isn't worth it yet. Although I'm sure the grandparents would like an extra $20.

Booked in February for November and within a week the price went down by $500/person ... so it was well worth our watching the fares. And we continue to monitor the prices, hopeful of saving more $$$. For $20/person, it may not be worth it ... but that's your decision.

Archived