yet another upgrade question....

SALAD MUNCHER

Just booked to take my mother on her very first cruise at age 77 (birthday treat), but financially could only afford to book a B4 grade cabin and was given our cabin number by the TA on booking. Is there ever a possibility of obtaining an upgrade once a cabin has been allocated and if so what's the chance? I would love to be able to give my mother a really memorable trip. Any comments or advice would be very gratefully received.

:confused:

Just booked to take my mother on her very first cruise at age 77 (birthday treat), but financially could only afford to book a B4 grade cabin and was given our cabin number by the TA on booking. Is there ever a possibility of obtaining an upgrade once a cabin has been allocated and if so what's the chance? I would love to be able to give my mother a really memorable trip. Any comments or advice would be very gratefully received.

:confused:

Ask your TA to have your booking marked such that you WILL accept an upgrade. But be mentally prepared to receive the "worst" cabin in a higher grade (by the laundry room, with connecting doors, above or below a high traffic area, etc.) Have a wonderful trip celebrating your mum's birthday!

Hi,

For financial reasons, we have booked an inside as we have done previously. We stated that we didn't want an upgrade because we are happy with the siting of the room.

Mind you, with all the upgrades being offered, I feel as though we will be the only insiders ;)

If you are happy with the position of your room, I would leave it as it is.

Your mum will definitely have a memorable trip and so will you!

Best wishes to you both and enjoy your voyage.

heywood

As someone who is older than your mama, I can say that the stateroom you have booked will be most suitable , if she is anything like myself she will only be in there to sleep, shower, and change her clothes. The rest of the ship is hers to roam (yes there is the Grill dining room, and one small lounge but that is on Deck 7 and she may not even be aware it is there and "not for her use" ) She will have full use of all other areas,including afternoon tea in the Queens room, Britannia dining room ( very attractive and spacious) the theatre, the Winter Garden, and the shops, etc.

I travel alone, and always ask for a table for 6-8 for dinner, so I will have the same table companions each night for that meal, breakfast and lunch she should state at the door that she is "willing to share" that way she will have other table companions.

I do not recommend dining at the Kings Court, because it is serve yourself and then you have to find a table , not really for ladies travelling solo. Afternoon tea is different she will go to the Queens room , sit at a table and most likely share it wil another lady or a couple, and be served sandwiches, cakes, scones with cream, and of course tea by a waiter, very pleasant.

I hope she has a wonderful trip.

Lynn

Thank you to everyone for the advice and information. I think I will keep things as they are in terms of the cabin, and just leave it to fate should they want to suggest an upgrade at any point! However I am sure my mother will enjoy herself whatever happens and that is the main thing! Best wishes to all cruisers!

Archived