Princess cruises with a 5&7 yearold or suggestions on other Cruise Lines?

Buterfly3547

We are considering crusing on the Emerald Princess for the fall however our daughters are 5 & 7 and I am having trouble finding information on the children/family activities offered? Any insight would be great!

We have only sailed once before as a family on the Disney Magic and loved it! Our options are limited for cruiselines because if we sail on a 7 day cruise we need to leave on a Sunday. I have looked into Carnival & RCCL however I have read that they are strict with there age groups for the children activites and our girls will not be in the same group. My girls are very close and would want to be together. Any suggestions? We are also considering 4 or 3 day cruises...they need to leave from Florida.

Thanks!!!

I doubt if many kid's clubs will put your girls together---that's a pretty wide age range, at that age. What will be fun for the 5 year old will bore the 7 year old. They do "age appropriate" activities.

I was thinking the opposite because of the "age appropriate" activities. My 5 year old will be started school when we cruise and I feel that a school age child would not be interested in the same activities as a toddler. Disney Cruise Line groups 3-4 year olds together and 5-7 year olds together. Our oldest daughter was 5 on our first cruise and she loved all the activities. Our friends also cruised with us and there son was 7 and he also loved the activities. All the children in the 5-7 age group seem to be having a lot of fun. It seems as though Princess cruise lines might group 5-7 year olds together but I am not 100% sure. I am having trouble finding information on the activities offered by them?

Carnival groups 2-5 year olds in a toddler group and RCCL groups 3-5 year olds in a toddler group. I hoping someone could over me some insight on other cruislines who group 5 & 7 year olds together or if they were able to put there child in a older age group? Does anyone know if Carnival is flexible with there age groups?

Thanks!!!

Princess generally groups 3-7 together and then 8-12 and 13-17. So your 5 and 7 year olds would be together on Princess, although they reserve the right to change those groups.

Here is a link to their page which describes the Princess Pelicans (3-7) program.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/activities/youth_teen/fun/index.html

Although Princess 3-7 group may work for you , it is the reason we will becruising Carnival this year. My daughter who was almost 7 on our last Princess Cruise loathed being in with the toddlers. A child who has in her 3rd year at school has little in common with pre-schoolers. I would never again choose a cruise where my child was at the upper end of the age limit for the kids club.

Hi everyone,

We have sailed Princess before, but it's my understanding they further break the groups down. For example, the 8-12 year olds *were* divided into 2 groups.....Jr. Shockwaves (8 & 9) then Shockwaves (10, 11 & 12). They were even in separate rooms accept after 10 pm, when they were grouped together.

Anyone who has sailed Princess recently, can you confirm? We will be going again this December on Ruby.....

Thank you!!

Yep, Princess has that age grouping. :D

The link to those pages are in my signature. Don't know what ship it is but I do have Princess Pelican pages.

Hi Michelle. Your links are exactly what I been searching for! Thank you so much!

On Norwegian they will be separated, the groups are 2-5 and 6-9. If there aren't many kids in the club they "may" allow them to be together sometimes. But that is something that you can't be definite about.

Hi everyone,

We have sailed Princess before, but it's my understanding they further break the groups down. For example, the 8-12 year olds *were* divided into 2 groups.....Jr. Shockwaves (8 & 9) then Shockwaves (10, 11 & 12). They were even in separate rooms accept after 10 pm, when they were grouped together.

Anyone who has sailed Princess recently, can you confirm? We will be going again this December on Ruby.....

Thank you!!

We've been on Princess twice (kids have both been in their 8-12 age group), and I think that whether or not they divide the groups smaller depends on the amount of kids registered for the cruise. When we were on the Coral to Alaska 2 years ago, the 8-12 were all together. Last year on the Caribbean, they were separated 8-9 and 10-12. Not sure if this helps, but we will be on the Ruby in the Med in July and can let you know how they divided them when we return.

Archived