Fantasy Class Cabin Question

Hello!

Booked an Interior Guarantee and received my cabin assignment onboard the Inspiration; cabin M299. On the site it shows the two dots which stand for "2 Upper." I was told that it means there are two fold-down bunks. The two twin beds could still be converted for my girlfriend and I, and that the two uppers could just stay put up.

Then I am reading a forum posting on Carnival Connections and somebody says this: "Posted cabins where the beds don't convert are on the Fantasy-class ships, cabins: E299, M298, M299, U299 and R298."

Wow... does this guy know what he's talking about? There's no way that we are sleeping in seperate beds, so I am hoping that this guy was just misunderstood.

Is there anybody that can verify for me? They will convert the beds into a King size, correct? :eek:

Thanks in advance!

Shane

Am I crazy or what? I don't see an M299 on the Inspiration at all. The cabin numbers stop after the M260's. Are you SURE you have M299, or am I reading this wrong?

Sorry! Just found it. Doesn't say anything about it not converting from what I can tell... but obviously I'm not the best source ;)

Here's the description of your cabin:

Cabin M299 4B IST4 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-2 uppers rab:0

View: no window

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; wall safe; 3-closets; shower; chair

Obviously, you have no worries... ;)

Iv read some negative things about those 299 cabins.... but Mach says the cabin is the same size??? I search and confirmed that others say cabin M299 is smaller than usual. Iv heard to stay away from it.

OK did a search.

Fantasy Class (Fantasy, Ecstasy, Elation, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Paradise, Sensation)

Cabin Comment

E165 Noise from crew stairs & galley

E299 Smaller than standard 185 sq/ft- beds can not be pushed together

M15 Noise from thrusters in the morning

M298 Smaller than standard 185 sq/ft- beds can not be pushed together

M299 Smaller than standard 185 sq/ft- beds can not be pushed together

R144 Mechanical metal clanking and vibrating directly below

R248 Noises

R298 Smaller than standard 185 sq/ft- beds can not be pushed together

U151 Noise from crew stairs

U299 Smaller than standard 185 sq/ft- beds can not be pushed together

V42 No view

http://www.seauonboard.com/cruise101_files/FYI%20on%20Cabin%20Selection%20111108.pdf

We are in cabin M298 on the 5/18 Inspiration sailing. We booked an inside guarantee for a great price. What's the problem with these cabins? Thanks!

If you look at my post above ....

M298 Smaller than standard 185 sq/ft- beds can not be pushed together

As long as this isnt a problem, dont worry about it.

I called Carnival and the person I spoke to checked it out and said that M298 is 185 sq. ft. like the others in that category. Oh well - I'm sure it will be fine. We're on a cruise and that's all that matters!!!

Thanks for the replies guys!

I see that even the cabin websites have inconsistencies. I don't mind the noise or location, or being by an elevator, I just want to make sure that we can have a king bed. Host Mach made me happy, and now firefly get's me scared again! :eek:

It would make no sense to make a cabin for 4 people smaller than a cabin for 2... I am scared that Carnival will just read some "standard description" and not even be sure themselves.

Seriously... I can't imagine booking a cruise with my girlfriend and then having to sleep in seperate beds.

Carnival's information is often more up to date than bookccl. Why in the world would you listen to rumors and gossip on an Internet cruise board and base a decision on that?

Now if someone has actually stayed in the cabin and posts pictures of it...

I just called Carnival and she says "There's nothing here that says they can't be converted. So yes, you can have a king bed."

I am still nervous for some reason. I don't know what I would do if we got on the ship and had seperate beds..

Hello,

I stayed in M299 on the Elation (Fantasy Class) and the beds converted to a king.

Have a great trip.

Good to know, thanks. I could only find M298 info but not anyone who said they stayed in M299. thanks again.

Archived