Ecstasy's new Balcony rooms - which ones will they be?

GreenZolie

I remember reading a thread or 2 a couple of weeks ago where people mentioned they had booked rooms on the Ecstasy knowing the rooms would be converted to balcony rooms after the dry dock. (I think the thread was about the person not being happy about being contacted by Carnival that they would now have to pay balcony prices, even though they booked the room at OV prices)

Anyway, my boss wants to know which rooms these will be so she can book now, for a balcony in May 2010. For some reason her TA does not seem to know which rooms will be converted to balconies.

Soooo, does anyone know where I can find this information? It seems someone knows, or I wouldn't have read that thread, lol.

Thanks!

Trackdown posts by firefly133 (or some number like that). Otherwise check the deckplans for the (converted) Sensation versus the Ecstasy - I think it's the aft and midship OV's that got converted. ken

Click on Ecstasy, then click on deck plans and it will show you where they will be. You can also click on the Sensation deck plans, they are already added to Sensation.

Ecstasy has something you can click for booking before or after dry dock, but the deck plans on carnival show where they will be. Must be some TA who cant read deck plans on Carnival, Im suspect.

Yes, Im one who carnival contacted to anty up $240 more to keep the cabin I booked and someone else had been contacted for Halloween ectasy cruise.

I do think all you can book now is a balcony guarantee, for some reason you cant choose which balcony, at least on the cruises Im looking at. They took away my balcony.

Thank you, firefly and ken. I REALLY appreciate the info.

One other question, firefly. Are the rooms that were converted on the Sensation the very same rooms that will be converted on the Ecstasy?

I do think it is odd the TA doesn't already know any of this. But, that's okay, he gets us good prices, so that's all that counts!

Did I read that correctly - that you lost your balcony? If so, I'm sorry. :(

Thanks again.

They said either cough up $240 more than the previous agreed upon price or they would move me to another 6C.

There are a few changes I noticed, like different cabins are quads, but they seem to be basically the same 98 balconys that are OVs before that are converted. Its the ones, on the 3 decks in the back, Main, Upper and Empress?? Deck 2, 3 and 4 counting from the bottom (not riviera, but they start with Main).

Im surprised that a TA cant see the deck plans on Carnival.

See if you can see this link ....just click on the decks to view the new balconies

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_ecstasy/deckplan.aspx

They said either cough up $240 more than the previous agreed upon price or they would move me to another 6C.

There are a few changes I noticed, like different cabins are quads, but they seem to be basically the same 98 balconys that are OVs before that are converted. Its the ones, on the 3 decks in the back, Main, Upper and Empress?? Deck 2, 3 and 4 counting from the bottom (not riviera, but they start with Main).

Im surprised that a TA cant see the deck plans on Carnival.

See if you can see this link ....just click on the decks to view the new balconies

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_ecstasy/deckplan.aspx

Yes, I was surprised the TA doesn't know either. BUT, I just figured something out - and I feel like a doofus!

When I told my boss's admin assistant I had read someone's thread who knew which rooms were being converted, she said "Oh, can you find out what rooms they are? That way we can tell TA." NOW, I realize that what she meant was we can tell the TA exactly which room we want, after we ourselves see which ones they are.

But, in my defense, she had told me a couple of weeks ago that the TA notified her of the port changes AFTER I had already told her I read it here, and she was teasing him that the Internet knew before he did. So, I thought this thing with the balcony rooms was a case of the same.

Thanks VERY much again for the extra info. This is my boss's Retirement cruise (and first cruise) so we are trying to make it great for her. Thanks.

Archived