Excursions in Coco Cay

VABeach

Do excursions is Coco Cay need to be booked in advance, or can you decide what you want to do once you get there?

We are thinking in particular about Wave Runners, Parasailing, Snorkeling...

Also, can you book more than one? Say, if we want to do all three? Any advice? Thanks!:)

Some activities do get booked up, I didn't realize that they were doing wave runners at Coco cay, I know the parasailing does get booked up, if you want to do more than one thing it will be better to book ahead because you will have to schedule them accordingly.

I haven't been there since 2001, but it is one of our favorite stops

Brian J

So you can book more than one even if you book them on-line?

When you book on-line, do you have to pay for them then, or do you wait until you are actually on the ship?

If you do book on-line and decide to change your mind, how hard is it to change?

When you go to "book excursions" rather than "browse excursions" you can pull up the exact information for your cruise. It will give you start times and duration. You should be able to plan more than one thing. I believe you do pay for them at the time of booking. I think I'm remembering that correctly from last summer's cruise. We didn't book any excursions this time. I don't know about cancelling an excursion. I'm sure there's a cancellation policy on the site somewhere.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

i do think you can since 2 years ago when we stopped at Labadee we did bring our own mat and it was no problem at all. Did not even have to use a vest for that. Others on another thread mentioned you have to rent a vest when snorkeling--is that for all, adults and kids? Does this include wearing the vests for mats....

Been there several times and the vest is only for snorkeling. On the waverunners etc. you have to wear a life vest. The vest for snorkeling is light weight and something you can inflate to suite you. It makes it easier to float along especially if you are not that familiar with snorkeling.

We have our own gear and a few years ago added the vest. When you are out for long periods of time, it is nice to be able to rest without getting out of the water.

We also have brought our own mats with no problem at all.

Have fun!!:)

We booked parasailing ahead of time. While boarding the boat--we did notice there were people still requesting to go---they usually run one boat every 1/2 hour--which holds about 8-10 people. They start at 8:00 AM and usually have last run at 2 or 2:30 PM. We took a waterproof disaposable camera up in the air with us--great shots.

Linda/Ohio

I took my own beach mat to Labadee in Oct. It was great to have my own, and when I was done with it I gave it to some kids. I love to see their little faces when they figure out that the mat is theirs to keep and play with. I will bring another with me on my next cruise which is a b2b and the first week we go to Coco Cay and the second week we go to Labadee. Can't beat that.:D

Carrie

Depending on what other ports you will visit, if you feel the operators are safe, you will get a much better parasailing deal everywhere other than Coco Cay.

Everyone who snorkels must wear a life vest. For $6 it's much cheaper than lugging one from home.

If you are willing to inflate it, I don't see why you couldn't bring your own raft / float.

Archived