Royal Caribbean walking tour of St. Petersburg

Has anyone taken this tour and was it value for money. I see on the RCI website, that on the description it has the shopping symbol, so I was wondering which shop they use and how long you get to shop. I know they use Red october Souvenir shop on another excursion. Any help with this excursion would be appreciated

We were on the Jewel in 2005, and we booked a 2-day private tour with DenRus. St. Petersburg has so much to see that I personally wouldn't spend my time shopping. If I were choosing a ship's tour, I would book the longest ones possible.

We were on the Jewel in 2005, and we booked a 2-day private tour with DenRus. St. Petersburg has so much to see that I personally wouldn't spend my time shopping. If I were choosing a ship's tour, I would book the longest ones possible.

Thanks Nancy, We were originally going to book the value 2 day tour with Denrus, but that is ok if you will be able to last a whole day on an excursion hence the reason that we just want to do short tours and go back to ship for a rest, then do Peterhof in the PM. I also realize that there is a lot to see in St Petersburg. We will do Pushkin on another half day, that is why ships excursions work for us. I do not want to be rude or appear ungrateful but I specifically asked about a particular excursion not what other people would do instead. I realize everyone is different, but my wife likes to shop hence the reason I asked the question. If you don't want to spend your time shopping then that is fine and therefore you can't answer my question.

Thanks Nancy, We were originally going to book the value 2 day tour with Denrus, but that is ok if you will be able to last a whole day on an excursion hence the reason that we just want to do short tours and go back to ship for a rest, then do Peterhof in the PM. I also realize that there is a lot to see in St Petersburg. We will do Pushkin on another half day, that is why ships excursions work for us. I do not want to be rude or appear ungrateful but I specifically asked about a particular excursion not what other people would do instead. I realize everyone is different, but my wife likes to shop hence the reason I asked the question. If you don't want to spend your time shopping then that is fine and therefore you can't answer my question.

I can't answer your questions from experience, but I can read the tour description. :) It looks like a good walking tour - especially for $40/pp. RCI designates the activity level as strenuous. You would have 30 minutes to souvenir shop - time permitting.

I can't answer your questions from experience, but I can read the tour description. :) It looks like a good walking tour - especially for $40/pp. RCI designates the activity level as strenuous. You would have 30 minutes to souvenir shop - time permitting.

Cheers Nancy,

I think we will book it. I was just wondering if it was Red October they used or the flea market at The Church of Spilled Blood. Its not really shopping but somewhere to browse for a souvenir or two and 30 minutes is plenty time. Red October is the better of the two, but we will just have to take what we get. Thanks again for your interest.

Archived