Getting off the Splendor

Cushing985

Now that we have a short history of the Splendor in Long Beach can recent guests report how long it took to get off the ship on arrival (and using self assist)?

My parents are elderly (90s) and will be accompanied by my brother and possibly others to help with their bags and they have a 12:30PM flight back home. Think they can make it to LAX in time? Thanks in advance!

Cushing,

We did the self assist a few weeks ago, went very well, and quite fast. Maybe took 10 minutes. It was the best yet. Hope that helps. And don't think there will be a problem to get to LAX, we had no problem getting there on time.

WOW ! ! I'd say thats cuttin' it awfully thin ! ! Make sure you tell the Purser and get off the ship FIRST THING.

Have a great cruise. I'd give my right arm to take a cruise with my Father. :(Rejoice in your parent's longevity.

Now that we have a short history of the Splendor in Long Beach can recent guests report how long it took to get off the ship on arrival (and using self assist)?

My parents are elderly (90s) and will be accompanied by my brother and possibly others to help with their bags and they have a 12:30PM flight back home. Think they can make it to LAX in time? Thanks in advance!

We got off the Splendor a few weeks ago and were at the airport by 9:30 am. We did self assist.

We were on the May 3rd sailing and I think they said there were about 1000 fewer passengers than capacity, but....

We did not do self assist. We were in group 8. They called 5 groups at a time. I cannot remember what time we got off the ship, but we had prebooked Super Shuttle to take us to LAX so they were there waiting. We got to LAX at 10:30. Our original flight was scheduled for 3:50 but we took a chance that there would be empty seats on the 12:00 flight, which there were. The airline we flew (not sure if I can mention the name here or not) does not charge to change to an earlier flight if there are seats and you do it as standby at the airport. Our luck, though, had we booked the 12:00 flight, we would not have made it!

WOW ! ! I'd say thats cuttin' it awfully thin ! ! Make sure you tell the Purser and get off the ship FIRST THING.

Have a great cruise. I'd give my right arm to take a cruise with my Father. :(Rejoice in your parent's longevity.

Everyday! Thanks Gary!

I'd keep asking this in the weeks to come to get a better idea of how early and smoothly things are going. Have them go straight to the Lobby first thing in the morning on deck 3. They have many of the areas roped off but there were people sitting on the couches that were off to the side. That's their best bet for a place to sit and relax while waiting to be called. I think we went down around 7:30ish and we were off the ship before 8am. Had we waited in our room for the announcement it may have been different. Traffic at that time of the morning on a Sunday was minimal and we were at the airport in no time :)

Archived