dining room table request

Is is possible to request a certain location for a table in the dining room??? We are on jewel 11/14/04 and do not want to be in the middle of the tides - we would prefer a table on the side near the windows - will rccl honor our request???

Thanks for your help

I think that falls under the category of "it never hurts to ask" I think everyone would prefer to be near a window, but not everyone can be. I don't know if they will honor such a request, but please do report back. It would be interesting to know.

Sovereign 2/2000

Voyager 3/2002

Enchantment 3/2003

Serenade 2/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2005;2;27;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Explorer of the Seas 2/27/05

We had to make a correction on our seating on the Grandeur last Oct. We went down to the dining room, at the specified time in the compass. There were people there that did want to change the table. You can go look to see where you are assigned. If you are unhappy with it, you can request a change. If it is something they can do, they will. You should get there early, it is on a first come first served basis, however Diamond and Platinum G&A members do get some preference.

Costa Carla 10/86

Costa Riveria 10/87

Song of America 10/88

Grandeur 10/98

Grandeur 10/99

Monarch 10/00

Rhapsody 8/01

Voyager 10/02

Grandeur 10/31/03

Serenade 10/18/04

It also depends on how full the ship is, We were on the Serenade the week prior to Easter and the ship was full. They said the Serenade never so many people because of all the kids. Anyway we had a very bad table and they said they could not move us the first night so we sat there and they said they would try and move us for night two. Well night two can and they did move us to the middle of the dining room. It was a nice table with the best waiter and asst waiter.

Hi,

7nucruzers,

Your quote;

"thanks for the info - I am a ca member - lst level (don't know if that's diamond) so I'll see if that will work. Thanks!!!"

Here are the Crown and Anchor steps.

1 to 5 completed cruises on RCCL makes you a Gold member.

6 to 10 makes you a Platinum member.

After 10 completed cruises you are a Diamond member.

12/06/04

THE EMPRESS OF THE SEAS. **10 ISLANDS IN 11 NIGHTS**

VISIT OUR ROLL CALL HERE

A suggestion - we usually stay the night before a cruise and therefore board early. After checking out our cabin we usually check out where we are in the dining room. We've always been happy, except one time. They usually announce that the maitre dee will be available for table changes - sometimes in the library, sometimes in one of the bars or even the dining room - you'll have to check the location on the announcement. At that time you can change your table - there's usually a line, as some people don't even have table assignments (late booking, etc.) He has huge "scrolls" kind of maps of the dining room and will accommodate changes, if possible. Just get there early!!!

PMcC1998:

Thanks for the advice - we are staying the night before so I plan to get this group up early (if that's possible!) and head to the port early. I'll listen for the announcement as to the maitre' d's whereabouts. We booked this in February - seems like it would be "first come first served" but whatever. We're just excited to be going!!!

Just to clarify - when you actually board and get your room key/sea pass card/i.d. it will have your table number on it. You can then go to the dining room and see where that table is. You may not want to change. Then, if you want to change, either listen for an announcement OR go to the Purser's / Information desk - they should know what time the maitre dee will be handling changes, etc. and where he will be located. "First Come, First served" applies to the Windjammer casual dining NOT the main dining room. You are given a table in the main dining room for the entire cruise and you keep that table for dinner - lunch and breakfast are "open seating" in the main dining room. Enjoy your cruise!

I think they mean by "first come first served" as in I booked first so I should get a better table. We booked in august for a cruise in jan, and our table was in the middle of the dining room. I would have loved a window view. I figured we would have gotten one since we booked 5 months in advance, but maybe they don't do it that way.

Carnival Festivale 8/95

RCI Navigator of the Seas 1/24/04--SEE MY REVIEW AT http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=408097554&m=7683004077

RCI Brilliance of the Seas 1/14/05

WE CAN'T WAIT TIL WE SAIL AGAIN!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;1;14;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived