Excursion Recommendations

My husband and I are going on our First Seabourn Cruise this August. In the past we have always booked our excursions independently. I was wondering if this is the norm on Seabourn Cruises or if the ships excursions are the better way to go. We are booked on the Florence and Italian Gems cruise on the Legend departing August 1st 2009.

If anyone has any tour suggestions, whether ship excursion or not, your help would be greatly appreciated.

We can't wait for this wonderful experience.

Thanks,

Kim

We have sailed SB 14 times, and have always used there excursions. We have found they are consistantly good. You will find for the most part the groups are fairly small--no real big bus loads. The guides have been excellent. After a day or two you will know most of the people you are touring with--that adds to the fun, and the "Welcome Back" to the ship is great! Don

You have not mentioned what your itinerary is. August will probably be the Med or the Baltic. I usually book my own excursions or just walk around on my own but I always check to see what Seabourn is offering in case there is an unusual excursion or something that I could not have arranged on my own. In short, I take each port separately and decide what I think is best.

I agree with wripro, you need to look at each option port by port. If we want to do a "tour" we always take Seabourns excursion, mainly because I am lazy and just getting to and from the ship usually gets me into some sort of trouble!! :eek: Its easier for me just to let someone else do the worrying for a change! Lots of places you dont need a tour and just wandering around the town where you are docked is wonderful. Our next cruise "Baltic" is very port intensive, and we plan on doing a lot of just wandering and staying on the ship in port!

Archived