Starboard or Port on Greece/Turkey Sailings???

renroc13

Hello.

I am not certain if this will make a difference or not. It never has on our other cruises but is one side of the ship better than the other when sailing on the Equinox Italy, Greece, Turkey route? We have already sailed on the Solstice so we are familiar with the ship. We will be in port overnight once or twice and I was wondering if one side would be better than the other.

Any thoughts welcome....

Sue

It won't make a difference. You don't know from one port to the next how the captain will pull into the dock.

Thanks Kitty....I did not think it would matter it never has for us but thought maybe someone knew something we did not. Already picked my room and will send my deposit. Bump out and larger balcony.

Sue

We've been on several cruises to the Med, and based on our experience, I'd choose Starboard. One of my favorite memories is standing on our balcony with my husband in total awe of the sights of Istanbul. The dazzling minarets in the early evening was magical. Also, we enjoyed magnificent views of Santorini when we awoke, and had sunny afternoons on our eastbound sail.

But, as Kitty said, you just never know how the ship will be berthed or even the port assignment.

Archived