Vancouver Lodging-Canada Place

Can anyone list the hotels in the Canada Place vicinity for someone who has never been to the area? I know the Pan Pacific is, what else is close by? Thanks!

The Fairmont waterfront is across the street. Getting a complete list would be difficult, but any hotel that calls itself "downtown" will be within 10 blocks.

I can highly recommend The Listel. The family has stayed there twice on our trips to Alaska. Quiet, clean hotel, wonderful decor, great location. I had a room on the 6th floor. I could see the water from there. It was a fast trip to the pier via taxi.

We stayed at the Westin Bayshore after our cruise last week. We walked from Canada Place, wheeled our luggage along the harbourfront walkway.

It's a little bit of a hike if you have a lot of luggage or you are not too fit.

Great harbour view rooms and an excellent hotel. Close to Stanley Park and some great restaurants nearby.

We stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront on May 7th the day before we sailed on RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas to Alaska. What a fantastic hotel!!!!! We got in early and walked the waterfront to Cordero's - great food, fantastic service and beautiful atmosphere. On Friday morning we called the Bell Desk and they came to our rooms and retrieved our luggage and took it to the ship for us. All we had to do was walk across the street and fight the long lines of people to get on the ship. Hope you embarkation goes smoother than ours did..... Happy cruising....

Jusr returned from 3 nights at the Hyatt located about 3 blocks up the street from Canada Place. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. The staff is very tourist friendly. In my view, its more centrally located than the Canada Place hotels.

Jusr returned from 3 nights at the Hyatt located about 3 blocks up the street from Canada Place. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. The staff is very tourist friendly. In my view, its more centrally located than the Canada Place hotels.

I tend to agree with you in terms of the Hyatt Regency on Burrard St being centrally located and I know from experience that they do a great job there. It is certainly a hotel that I have no problem in recommending on these boards.

I tend to agree with you in terms of the Hyatt Regency on Burrard St being centrally located and I know from experience that they do a great job there. It is certainly a hotel that I have no problem in recommending on these boards.

How about the Sutton Place. Just booked that tonight. What would be the best way to get to Canada Place? Would a cabbiw even want to bother with you for that short of a ride?

Bill

What am I missing about all this clamor over Canada Place? We went over there twice and it was absolutely dead. Yes, the hotels apparently have some sort of baggage arrangement which makes it very convenient for embarking/debarking, but its only a $10 cab ride from any of the midtown hotels. I'm sure you can't go wrong with the Sutton Place which is close to the action.

"What am I missing about all this clamor over Canada Place? We went over there twice and it was absolutely dead"

Well at least you can look around at the spectacular scenery and even walk around the dock - can you say the same thing about the Port of Miami.

Around the corner there is the historic CPR Waterfront Station where the first trains came into Vancouver back in 1886. Two blocks away is the entrance to Gastown where the City of Vancouver was born - then there is the four building complex called Sinclair Center - the site of an early post office and still used as federal government offices - nicely restored with shopping and food court.

Another beautiful and sunny day here on the west coast of Canada.

Cheers

Dennis

and the Fairmont Waterfront. I appreciate the info..

We are there Sept. 18th/19th this year and sailing on the repo Serendae of the Seas.I booked the Fairmont. JFJUDGE thanks for the input!!! I have booked the Cascades from Seattle to Vancouver as we love the trains and this is one with views we do not want to miss and I will taxi from train station to the Fairmont. Just don't know how to do Fairmont to ship. Wish it WAS at the Canada Place that would be too easy tho right? UGH!

My question Urban Trekker and JFJUDGE is this, we sail out of the Ballantyne Pier is there transport to the pier from hotel ??? And how would you do this??? Does the hotel offer anything??? I really like the looks of the Fairmont and we booked the Fairmont in Seattle too.

Many thanks and I can't wait to pick up some 2010 Olympic souveniers while there!!!!! As a matter of fact CC Ports Site suggests that you get your 2010 Olympic gear now in Vancouver as a souvenier of the city....and we will do just that...

So if you can help me with the transfer info from Fairmont to Ballantyne I would appreciate it as I do all the planning and DH has some mobility problems so easier for me if I know how far and if we need help with luggage. Many Thanks Capecoddah (Nikki)

and the Fairmont Waterfront. I appreciate the info..

We are there Sept. 18th/19th this year and sailing on the repo Serendae of the Seas.I booked the Fairmont. JFJUDGE thanks for the input!!! I have booked the Cascades from Seattle to Vancouver as we love the trains and this is one with views we do not want to miss and I will taxi from train station to the Fairmont. Just don't know how to do Fairmont to ship. Wish it WAS at the Canada Place that would be too easy tho right? UGH!

My question Urban Trekker and JFJUDGE is this, we sail out of the Ballantyne Pier is there transport to the pier from hotel ??? And how would you do this??? Does the hotel offer anything??? I really like the looks of the Fairmont and we booked the Fairmont in Seattle too.

Many thanks and I can't wait to pick up some 2010 Olympic souveniers while there!!!!! As a matter of fact CC Ports Site suggests that you get your 2010 Olympic gear now in Vancouver as a souvenier of the city....and we will do just that...

So if you can help me with the transfer info from Fairmont to Ballantyne I would appreciate it as I do all the planning and DH has some mobility problems so easier for me if I know how far and if we need help with luggage. Many Thanks Capecoddah (Nikki)

My old office was 2 blocks from Canada Place. A taxi from there to Ballantyne is $10 + tip. That's the best way to go, you really can't get there by bus.

Archived