Bringing wine on HAL ship?

FYI to all in-cabin wine drinkers - they will no longer bring a corkscrew to your cabin, at least they wouldn't on our recent Westerdam cruise. Room service will open the bottle for you, but not leave a corkscrew. Next time, I'll bring an opener with our wine.

Julie

:DGreat news!:D We thought we might have to try and sneak some on board!;):o

I know! Great isn't it! We brought 2 cases on our last cruise. Pack a wine opener in your checked lugguge. It will be confiscated, at the airport, if it is in your carry on. We lost a very expensive opener that way.

I am familiar with brining on wine in US ports but we fly into Rome on the morning of our cruise departure (Nordaam on June 28th). How and where do we purchase our wine to bring on board? As we arrive on a Sunday, is there a prohibition to purchase wine? And if not, do where do you suggest we go?

You will be in Italy. Don't worry...you cannot walk one hundred paces without seeing an establishement of some kind that sells wine.

We leave June 5 on the Ryndam to Alaska. We were told by our TA that we could each bring ONE bottle of wine or Champagne when we board.:confused:

So can we bring more than that or can't we?:confused:

Can't drink wine :mad:, only the bubbles :), so am not certain of all the ins & outs. Yes, HAL has no restrictions.

John & I are sailing Ryndam in September, & she returns to Vancouver. Will you be sailing from that port as well? Perhaps your TA was referring to getting thru Canadian customs or something like that.

Archived