how much does a beer cost on RCCL cruises?

This thread is interesting to me since my January cruise on Solstice had 22 oz draught beers (Heineken and Amstel Light) for $4.50 plus tip. Domestic cans were $4.50. I would only drink the draught beers since they were reasonable, but there were not too many bars that had taps. Drank a LOT of whiskey that trip.

I was kind of hoping that Royal would have the same sort of deals.

I saw this today as part of someones review of IOS.

RCCL says the IOS will sail out of Southampton full time next year.

They will be lucky if they get any takers at those extortionate prices.

I am on the June 6th sailing to the Med and i have 1 booked for Xmas and New Year but this will be the last time if they start ripping us off.

Drink prices - Way too high. Apparently they increase them about 25% for Southampton sailings. Everyone was moaning about the prices and were hardly buying drinks. E.g. Beer $7.50, House Wine $6.95 a glass or $27.00 a bottle. Most felt like they were being ripped off as other regular cruisers confirmed prices on other ships where no way near as high.

Draft beer at Johnny Rockets was something like a dollar and half cheaper AND it was 20 ounces instead of 16. You don't have to pay a cover charge if you just go in and get a beer to go. Limited selection of brands.

I hope this is correct as i will be spending a lot of time there if it is.

Since the cruise line executives read the Cruise Critic blogs all the time I'm sure they'll find a way to put a stop to this cheap beer source by the time we cruise on Freedom in two weeks. :(

Tom

I saw this today as part of someones review of IOS.

RCCL says the IOS will sail out of Southampton full time next year.

They will be lucky if they get any takers at those extortionate prices.

I am on the June 6th sailing to the Med and i have 1 booked for Xmas and New Year but this will be the last time if they start ripping us off.

Drink prices - Way too high. Apparently they increase them about 25% for Southampton sailings. Everyone was moaning about the prices and were hardly buying drinks. E.g. Beer $7.50, House Wine $6.95 a glass or $27.00 a bottle. Most felt like they were being ripped off as other regular cruisers confirmed prices on other ships where no way near as high.

Beginning to understand why they chose the Indie for year round cruises from the UK. No indoor pool in the winter will encourage everyone to sit around and drink more:D:D

Hi

It really does depend on which ship you are on. We have just come off of Independance of the Seas and a 20oz (pint) of lager was us$7.50 including the 15% tip which is £5 at the current exchange rate.

Marie

Is that for proper beer, not that lite rubbish???:)

Noooooooo!!! :rolleyes: will have to drink bucket loads to get happy!! Or stick to wine:)

At least like us you'll both be able to drink some decent beer /wine when ashore in the Med on your cruise. Having seen what they serve on the wine list we'll get some Nastro Azzuro down when ashore in Rome/ Naples.:D

I jst hope they've got some decent Greek beer for us in the Aegean.:confused:

Berwyn

We sailed on the IOS 25th April - 9th May 2009 from Southampton and a beer was $7.50 there where a lot of folk complaining about the prices but I suppose we are used to it "Rip off Britain" although Gordon brown was not the captain :)

That is if you book a cruise before September and then no free beer or alcohol. Just champagne and wine.:(

If you are on a ship with a Diamond Lounge you WILL still get the full bar, beer and mixed drinks included. during the evening "happy hour". Ships with a Diamond Lounge are Freedom class and Enchantment and Oasis and Allure when they sail.

The wine and champagne thing only applies to ships WITHOUT a "built-in" Diamond Lounge.

At least like us you'll both be able to drink some decent beer /wine when ashore in the Med on your cruise. Having seen what they serve on the wine list we'll get some Nastro Azzuro down when ashore in Rome/ Naples.:D

I jst hope they've got some decent Greek beer for us in the Aegean.:confused:

Berwyn

Too right, Im trying to think what we were drinking in Greece last year:confused:, I think it was Azzuro too but cant be sure, wonder why that is, LOL.:)

Archived