Decent but not pricey in Ft. Lauderdale pre?

suzyq213

Can someone recommend something for one whole day pre-cruise (Carnival) over in Ft. L? We're taking teen son also so I would like to stay somewhere near beach with something to do in the evening before. We're getting into FL early in the day so we have the whole day to spend there. Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Sue

Can someone recommend something for one whole day pre-cruise (Carnival) over in Ft. L? We're taking teen son also so I would like to stay somewhere near beach with something to do in the evening before. We're getting into FL early in the day so we have the whole day to spend there. Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Sue

It depends on WHEN you are going to be in Fort Lauderdale.

During July you'll find decent prices everywhere. However in February the Motel Fleabag will cost you an arm and a leg.

What is your budget and when are you going?

Lauderdale-By-The-Sea is generally less expensive and it has mostly mom and pop motels.

Well we're going the end of June but I don't want to stay in a dump for even one day. Staying close to the beach sounds nice.

I really didn't want to spend more than $100 for the night. I figure that most money will and should be spent during the cruise itself.

Thanks for any suggestions you more "seasoned" travelers can share:)

Well we're going the end of June but I don't want to stay in a dump for even one day. Staying close to the beach sounds nice.

I really didn't want to spend more than $100 for the night. I figure that most money will and should be spent during the cruise itself.

Thanks for any suggestions you more "seasoned" travelers can share:)

You will be going in off/shoulder/family season but keep in mind that Fort Lauderdale is an expensive town.

Check neighboring beach towns such as Hollywood Beach and Lauderdale-By-The-Sea on www.Sunny.org for deals. Both are mostly mom and pop motels that are great values. Look for the Small Superior Lodgings logo.

For less than what one of the major chains will cost you can get an oceanfront or across the street from the beach motel room that has a kitchen or kitchenette.

Archived