Boarding pass when upgraded

rubytue

If you print off your boarding pass from the website, but then you are upgraded/upsold to a new cabin - do you need to reprint the boarding pass? I'm guessing yes, but it didn't even occur to me until my step-mom asked.

I can only assume that it doesn't matter what it says in re: to room #, all that really matters at time of check in is that all the personal information is correct, in regards to name, address, immigration info, credit card info, etc. I would speculate that there is no need to print out another boarding pass after your room # has been changed.

You don't need another print-out. There are many who arrive at the pier who have no room assignment yet, or get an upgrade at the pier, so what is shown on that page is not important. All the clerk will look at is the booking number.

If it makes you feel better, cross out a wrong one and write in the new! :D

Agree.... all you need is A boarding pass. They will have your cabin number at the pier when you check in.

You also have the option of completing the paper Immigration Form that comes in paper documents. Don't worry about it - you'll be fine.

Sorry to disagree, but this happened to us and it did become a problem at check-in. I would suggest you try to print a new pass. When we went to check in for our NZ/AUS cruise in January we found that our cabin was still in the names of the people who had first booked it. It took quite a while to get it out of their names and into our's. The person who checked us in even went so far as to print our key cards and take our pictures as if we were those people, not even looking at the names on our passports. If I had not checked the names on the keycards we could have gone for days with the wrong names on the cards. If nothing else, check to be sure you have the right name on your card before you leave the check-in area, it does matter!

Sorry to disagree, but this happened to us and it did become a problem at check-in. ...
But that was because the computer records were wrong, not because of what it said on the piece of paper. True, if you try to print a new form and it still says the old number that is an indication that something is wrong in the computer records ... but in that case I'm curious how any of us would know that a cabin change had been made, since that paper is printed from the computer records? :confused::confused:

It sounds to me like you had a very careless clerk (since she didn't even check the passports) who didn't go by your booking number somehow.

Thanks! I appriciate all the opinions. Before anyone things I'm super lazy or something, our printer at home is broken, my step-mom is afraid of messing something up when she reprints, and they are leaving first thing in the AM. Won't be around a printer again until we board. :)

jtl513, not necessarily. Even her supervisor got it wrong when we called her over to point out the mistake. She insisted we were wrong and "must be Mr. and Mrs. whatever". Luckily I had my invoice with me that showed where we had upgraded the cabin and also showed the cabin number. Sure the computer was wrong, but they insisted the computer was "always right" and we must be mistaken. It took quite a while to straighten things out. Doesn't happen often, but can happen. Would have been much less of a hassle if I had just confirmed it before we left home.

Archived