Princess Dining options

Hi does Princess (Sorry.) have buffets? do they have different food every night and are they open everynight? What is the dress code in the buffet, Thank you I am very confused :confused:

The Grand Class and larger ships all have some sort of buffet each night and the food changes nitely. The dress code is totally casual for the buffet. ;)

Hi does Princess (Sorry.) have buffets? do they have different food every night and are they open everynight? What is the dress code in the buffet, Thank you I am very confused :confused:

The Horizon (buffet) has a full spread of changing food variety each night opening at about the same time as the restaurants. At about 11 PM it slims down somewhat & offers sandwiches along with a few hot items. There is no dress code for the Horizon other than no wet bathing suits and maybe a pair of shoes or sandals required.

So if u liked Informal cruising would u cruise with Princess???

Yes. We often dine at the buffet in the evening as it is more or less 'come as you are'. And the food at the buffet has improved so much the last year or two, sometimes we find we hear less complaints then those that do traditional dining. ;)

Having cruised on both Princess and Ocean Village, there is no comparison, Princess is by far more sophisticated and IMHO caters for a better class of cruiser. We were disapointed on our two week Christmas and New Year Caribbean Cruise on Ocean Village Two with the standard of dress and approach at meal times. In fact it was really chavvy! I believe the experiment with casual cruising has been a disaster and that both ships are now being withdrawn from the UK to sail in Australian waters

Regards Michael Pilkington

On Ocean Village you are allowed to wear swimming trunks, T shirt and flip flops to the Buffet Dining, even on special evenings such as Christmas and New Year when many people make a special effort. I do not think this is the case on Princess.

Regards Michael Pilkington

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the Horizon buffet is a 24-hour buffet - so literally "always" open...

It is open 24 hours BUT at around 11 PM they cut back on the selections. There might be only a few hot items like pork chops & a few other hot veggies + sandwiches and always desserts.

You can't blame them since the number of people really disappear and they would be wasting food just being keep hot for a few stragglers. They always have coffee, tea and ice tea available.

Archived