No Gibralter for Q Vic

thames_side

It looks as though Q Vic is missing out Gib on her current cruise and going up to St Peter's Port instead. We were on her at the end of April and we arrived at Gib 3 hours late at 3pm. The Captain said it was not possible to get from Majorca to Gib in the time assumed by "Head Office". (I bet the QE2 could have dine it). Independance of the Seas had pinched our birth and we had to moor off. Hopeless trying to get everyone ashore at that time in the afternoon. Looks like they have learnt their lesson.

Doug

It looks as though Q Vic is missing out Gib on her current cruise and going up to St Peter's Port instead. We were on her at the end of April and we arrived at Gib 3 hours late at 3pm. The Captain said it was not possible to get from Majorca to Gib in the time assumed by "Head Office". (I bet the QE2 could have dine it). Independance of the Seas had pinched our birth and we had to moor off. Hopeless trying to get everyone ashore at that time in the afternoon. Looks like they have learnt their lesson.

Doug

What a result for the passengers! Losing Gibraltar is good enough, but to replace it by Guernsey is better still.

The problem was RMS Queen Mary 2 hogging the birth, so I believe. Although what her poor passengers had done to deserve more time in that godforsaken place is beyond me.

I heard this from UK passengers last summer when I finally got to visit Gibraltar, after a day of sitting in the harbor in 1974. Seems Gib wasn't the nicest place to visit a while back. That in my opinion has turned around. I enjoyed my visit last summer, and for the record, I look forward to another visit if the economy turns around and I can afford to venture out in that direction again.

I like Gibraltar as well. The Siege Tunnels are well worth a visit if nothing else. Skip the shopping and explore the history. It is really interesting.

Queen Victoria has enjoyed a sunny day in Guernsey - so I hope Cunard put St Peter Port back on their itineraries....not just when they can't get into Gibraltar.....

P1010035.jpg?t=1242754126

Queen Victoria sailing from St Peter Port

they'd be better off going to Jersey - far better than Guernsey IMHO! & I've visited Guernsey twice & stayed on Jersey many times for business & pleasure!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

they'd be better off going to Jersey - far better than Guernsey IMHO! & I've visited Guernsey twice & stayed on Jersey many times for business & pleasure!

Cruise ships don't call at St Helier.....the anchorage is no where near as convenient as St Peter Port.....which is a much prettier town!

But Jersey is full of Jerseymen. Not good.

When we were told we would not be going to Gibralter guests were not pleased.

Even though it turned out to be a lovely day in Guernsey there were still many guests waiting in lines at the pursers desk to complain about numerous things.

Archived