Upsell question...

jjdmom8

OK, so I will start by admitting I have an addiction problem! LOL..I am so addicted to these boards, I am very close to setting it as my home page! I think I have read every post multiple times! I know its crazy, but it really helps with my excitement for our upcoming cruise! I have been reading alot about those "upsell" calls that some get. We currently have a quad Balcony room on the Panaroma deck booked for the 4 of us. Very Very happy with that cabin, and would only upgrade to a suite if offered. best I can tell, there are 16 quad balcony cabins available (42 days out) and 4 Cat 12 suites. What are the chances that we could recieve an upsell call? DH and I have discussed already what we would be willing to pay for that upgrade should we get "the call". Just wondering if all the Balcony cabins have to be sold out before they start upselling. Does it help or hurt that there will be 4 of us in one room? Thanks in advance for any replies...

Helps if you are booked directly with Carnival and if you had them put a note on your booking that you would be interested in a upsell call.

The fact that there are 4 in your cabin probably lessens the chance that they will call you even if you booked direct and had it noted.... but some have been offered two cabins for the price of 1 etc to move the other cabins when upsells first started. Seems like the upsell calls lately have been a lot more chintzy.

If you're willing to pay, why don't you just call Carnival (or your travel agent) yourself and pay for the upgrade? Unless you are hoping for an unbeatable deal with the upsell call, that is...

In April we had our TA call Carnival about 10 days before the cruise. We went from a 4C (inside) to an 8C for $250 total (not per person).

We watched the prices daily (or more often:eek:) and knew that there was an inventory of unsold balconies.

So don't wait for "the call". Make it yourself to your TA or PVP.

Charlie

Archived