Spirit #9202 Obstructed??

Shifra

My DH and I are sailing on Spirit our first NCL cruise. We booked 9202 a balcony cabin. I have read here on these boards that this cabin has an obstructed view and am trying to find out how bad it is.

Hope someone can help me with this so I can change my cabin if I have to.

Also I wanted to let all you know how helpful you have been to a new NCL cruiser. I have been busy on the Princess boards since that was my last cruise and now I will be following this group.

My DH and I were in 9202 on the Spirit for the 11/28 sailing. It is an obstructed view, but not terrible. This was our first ever cruise and I spent a good deal of time on the balcony. There are two chairs and a table on the balcony with two panels of glass. On this balcony the bulkhead comes down at an angle on the right side cutting off above the second panel.

I hope this helps, happy sailing.

Hi Spiritedmom,

You were just the person I was hoping to respond. I read your response about your cruise and your cabin. I have a few more questions please????

From what you describe I assume you could see straight ahead and to the left but nothing to the right, is that correct? I can book a different cabin but its a bit further away from other folks we are travelling with. Also, was there much noise from the show lounge below or the childrens area from above??

Thank you for responding you have made my day!

Hi Spiritedmom,

From what you describe I assume you could see straight ahead and to the left but nothing to the right, is that correct?

QUOTE]

It really depends where your sitting:rolleyes: If you imagine sitting on the balcony one on left one on right, the person on the right is looking at the bulkhead. Left side is unobstructed. That said.....when standing, especially if you are friendly with the person you're with you can see ahead, forward, and aftward. Although I would not have intentional chosen an obstructed view I did appreciate that on particularly windy evenings I had some cover.

My suggestion, sit back, relax, save your money for one of the specialty restaurants and enjoy!

We didn't hear a thing from above or below. A pleasent surprise!

Thanks again Spiritedmom. I do feel better. I think we will keep what we have. I was concerned only because we spend a lot of our time on the balcony and it sounds like you did the same on your cruise. I called NCL and they finally mentioned that there are 4 obstructed view balcony cabins. Hopefully they will not keep this so secretive. My TA wasn't told either.

Aside from all this confusion I know we will have a nice cruise, we always do.

Now that you are hooked all I can say is Happy Cruising!

Archived