Recent Dream cruisers?

alwysonvctn

I have looked my cruise package over and over and can find no mention of formal nights (other than renting a tux for the generic 'formal night' on the cruise), is there mention in the package somewhere of when the specific formal night(s) is? Why am I missing this?

I just sailed the Dream for two weeks Nov 21- Dec 5th....The Dream has TWO formal nights... both nights are OPTIONAL formal, it is never required in any of the restaurants...resort casual is always an option...but, about 75% of the pax do the formal thing....NCL does two formal nights, Monday and Friday because they want you to have your Pictures done, and spend more money....

Like I said previously, I was on the Dream for 2 weeks...We had a fantastic time...

The Dream is an older ship, smaller, only 50k tons...that's small these days...but, it is well maintained, and clean...it doesn't have the bells and whisltes that a lot of ships have today...but, I have been on the Dream, 4 times...and i am scheduled to go back for 2 weeks in Dec 2005....I have been on the Majesty, Dawn and Norway...The Dawn without a doubt is the nicest, but I am frugal, and the Dream offers better prices...The Dream overall is nice, but it's not spectacular....

What we like about the Dream is that the outside staterooms have a sitting area in the room, sofa, chair, hasset and a privacy curtain between the sitting area and beds...

The food, on a scale for cruise lines, is probably a 6...with 10 being the best...but it is certainly better than what I normally eat...I doesn't take much to please me....We ate primarily in the Sun Terraces (Italian Rest) and the Le Bistro (surcharge French Cuisine)....We ate in the Main restaurants for lunch....In order to avoid waiting in lines for dinner you need to be there when they first open....if you go during rush hour, 7pm through 9pm, you will wait (especially SEA DAYs)...we always ate at 5:30 or 6pm and never had to wait...

If you find a waiter/waitress you like, you can request them every night (not during rush hour)...we had the same staff in the respective restaurants for the two weeks...it's much better this way...you build a rapport...

I would definitely reccommend the shore excursions, especially in Belize and Roatan....Cancun and Cozumel are the two stops that you can do "your own thing..."

Overall, I really enjoy the Dream...it's not fancy, it's not modern...but it's fine for us...relative to what we pay for fare, it's a good value...

I ignore the negative reviews....you will always see negative reviews...during my two weeks we had a few things occur that we minor disappointment, but we just let it roll...no cruise is perfect...but overall we had a fantastic time and we can't wait til next year....

Number one reccomendation, build relationship with some selected staff, get to know them...have fun with them...they love people who take an interest in them...ask them about there home country...etc...

That's what make our cruises really enjoyable...getting to meet new friends, and having a great time with great laughs and memories...the ship and the food is secondary...

best of luck

Archived