Westerdam review (5/10-5/17)

SonomaDriver

We too were on the 5/10 westerdam sailing. Unlike most of you, we didn't have a bad experience at the pier, but then again, this is our first cruise with nothing to compare it to :)

Some notes- we brought two kids- I was surprised that there were so many children. My kids hated Club Hal but of course, we expected this. They thoroughly enjoyed the pool and the friends they made there. Club Hal was there when we needed them (Glacier Bay day)!!!

The food was spectacular. We usually go All inclusive in the Caribbean so our meals here were luxury compared. The drinks were reasonably priced and some were STRONG. Especially the Twilight Zone on Day 1. Woohoo!!!! We also thought the beds were really comfortable and I couldn't wait to retire every evening!!!!

The only real downside of our trip was the first night we left our Kodak camera (Nothing special) in the lounge after the show and it was never turned in. I was upset as there were MANY other lost cameras turned in that week but not ours. We lost all of our pictures from Seattle which was a bummer. I felt that they could have at least turned in the memory card and kept the dumb camera. Oh well, can't expect everyone to be honest I guess.

Otherwise, it was a great trip!!!

Oh and one other point to add- the crowds at the ports were NOTHING in comparison to the Lido on sea day/ Glacier Bay day. We ended up with the dining room as we could not find a single table to dine at. Our timing was bad both days I guess!! ;)

sonomadriver, hope you don't mind another question. Hate to start a topic for something you can answer for me.

Do the tenders run all day long back & forth at Sitka? We were thinking of having a leisurely breakfast, do ship activities and go into Sitka right after lunch. Are the tenders still taking passengers on shore at that time?

Thanks in advance.

That sounded like the best possible choice for the kids...

We often think about taking some of the grandchildren with us but the thought only lasts about 2 seconds and they stay home...

Ruth & Jim

Judy I heard something about this as well but have not heard any outcome other than the Captain was taken to the Hospital and another Captain was being brought in for that day's sailing. I certainly hope he was alright and it was something minor and taking precautions.

A heads up; Capt. Harris is just fine; he had a bad cold and fainted. He was out in Seattle having dinner with friends on TUE of this week

A heads up; Capt. Harris is just fine; he had a bad cold and fainted. He was out in Seattle having dinner with friends on TUE of this week

Thanks, John Good To know :) Hopefully he will be on board for our cruise on the 31st.

Gee and we even avoided the captain to not spread our cold problems. We did not go to the cocktails with the captain. Not feeling well enough so it is not our fault!

Anyway I am sure glad to hear he is just fine.

Archived