getting to whistler

I assume that you mean where in Vancouver BC is the Greyhound bus station - it is located at Pacific Central station which is also our train station - it is a short 1.5 miles from the main downtown core easily reached by our Sky train rapid transit line - I suspect that Greyhound may also pick up from a couple of locations in the downtown core but without checking there web site I can't say for sure.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

I assume that you mean where in Vancouver BC is the Greyhound bus station - it is located at Pacific Central station which is also our train station - it is a short 1.5 miles from the main downtown core easily reached by our Sky train rapid transit line - I suspect that Greyhound may also pick up from a couple of locations in the downtown core but without checking there web site I can't say for sure.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks!! :)

Check out all your options - there is also a train and I would suggest a rental car for the day and drive yourself then you can stop as you please and take as much time as you want. Plus you may find that a 1 day car rental is cheaper than 2 bus tickets.

Check out all your options - there is also a train and I would suggest a rental car for the day and drive yourself then you can stop as you please and take as much time as you want. Plus you may find that a 1 day car rental is cheaper than 2 bus tickets.

Thanks, sorry if my questions are simple, but in case we consider renting a car, will any license be valid? Also, I heard something about needing insurance, if so, where do we get and how much will it cost? Lastly, if Budget's rate is CAD 59, how much do I need to spend on gas (or is it included?)

Thanks, sorry if my questions are simple, but in case we consider renting a car, will any license be valid? Also, I heard something about needing insurance, if so, where do we get and how much will it cost? Lastly, if Budget's rate is CAD 59, how much do I need to spend on gas (or is it included?)

I think a Philippine DL would be ok but check that with Budget as they may require an International Drivers License. As for insurance check and see if you have coverage with your credit card if not then Budget will want you to purchase theirs...I would guess it would add about $20 to your cost. As for fuel that will depend on the size and type of car you rent but will likely be in the range of $25 to $50 for the round trip.

I think a Philippine DL would be ok but check that with Budget as they may require an International Drivers License. As for insurance check and see if you have coverage with your credit card if not then Budget will want you to purchase theirs...I would guess it would add about $20 to your cost. As for fuel that will depend on the size and type of car you rent but will likely be in the range of $25 to $50 for the round trip.

Thanks very much...

One more question if it's ok.. I was so excited about trying the new peak to peak gondola, but my 'whistler day' needs to be moved early, anytime between June 2-5. BUT the peak to peak gondola won't be open till June 6! Is it a 'must do'?

If it is not to be missed, my only option is to proceed to Whister right after we debark in Canada Place, but I'm afraid I might be too pressed for time?

Thanks very much...

One more question if it's ok.. I was so excited about trying the new peak to peak gondola, but my 'whistler day' needs to be moved early, anytime between June 2-5. BUT the peak to peak gondola won't be open till June 6! Is it a 'must do'?

If it is not to be missed, my only option is to proceed to Whister right after we debark in Canada Place, but I'm afraid I might be too pressed for time?

That is a bit difficult to answer as it hasn't opened yet. But from the TV coverage it has had, well it is going to be pretty spectacular....so if it is something you want to see...you never will be closer.

"That is a bit difficult to answer as it hasn't opened yet"

Actually it has been operating for most of the ski season as I have talked to someone who has taken it - I suspect that they are doing some preventative maintenance and getting it ready for the summer invasion of tourists - as long as you aren't afraid of heights and the weather is clear take it - just from the photos and video I have seen of it the views are out of this world and they are pretty spectacular to start with.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

[quote=Urban trekker;19651548- just from the photos and video I have seen of it the views are out of this world and they are pretty spectacular to start with.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

It's really too bad I'm ONE DAY short of making the June 6 opening :mad: I really wish they'd open earlier, even just one day early will be fine!!

Is there a way to experience the spectacular view without riding the peak to peak?

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

We're travelling to Whistler on the Mountaineer Train but returning by Greyhound and wondered if there is a Greyhound terminal at Whistler where you collect the bus tickets? When you book tickets over the net it quotes to collect from local kiosk, is there one in Whistler, is so, where:confused:? Do you think Greyhound is the way to go or would we be better on Pacific(never used either before), we don't want to return on the train as it'll only give us a couple of hours in Whistler - any information would be appreciated:).

I rode the Peak to Peak in January. The weather was overcast and slightly snowy - i.e. NO views however, the experience was still spectacular! I can only imagine how it would be if you could actually see further than 300 feet or so. There is a glass-bottom car, which you can wait for if you choose. Since there was nothing really to see from the regular windows, we chose to wait. It was worth it. Looking down through the floor at the valley below was so exciting. It was like being in a plane - that high! Glad my phobia is claustrophobia, not fear of heights :D. The sound of the wind whistling through the windows in the car and the feeling of being suspended, seemingly from a fragile and overextended string, adds that extra thrill and a slightly eerie tone to the whole trip.

The journey to and from Whistler is spectacular enough, as is the regular gondola ride up to the top so, don't feel too bad if you miss out on the Peak to Peak - it's an extra added attraction but, you won't be disappointed up there, not matter what you manage to do. My family and I just feel so lucky to live here in BC :). Please, enjoy, whatever you end up choosing to do.

It's really too bad I'm ONE DAY short of making the June 6 opening :mad: I really wish they'd open earlier, even just one day early will be fine!!

Is there a way to experience the spectacular view without riding the peak to peak?

Although I'm sure the peak-to-peak is amazing, I did the "old" gondola ride last summer and it was stunning. If you have to settle for the old ride, you won't be disappointed. We saw bears going through the berry bushes underneath us, unsuspecting mountain bikers whizzing by on a trail about 10 feet away.

You can do the gondola in two stages (someone correct me if it is three) with a fairly strenuous hike in between and then a hike up to a little tea house that has 360 degree views. You catch the gondola right in the village, and I think the new Peak to Peak gondola station is up the mountain after the first stage of the gondola ride.

Here are two YouTube videos. Be assured that you won't be going through this much snow in June!

Gondola:

Peak to Peak:

Viv

Archived