Tender service Grand Cayman

We are sailing on Liberty of the Seas in July and my question is about the tender service at Grand Cayman. We have booked a full day private charter to dive with Absolute Divers and I'm wondering how long we'll actually be able to stay.

What time could we expect to get off the ship and what time is the last tender back? The ship is in port from 8 til 4.

Is the ships time the same as Grand Cayman time?

Also anyone used Absolute Divers? How did it go?

If the ship sails at 4, then you need to be ON the ship at 3:30...1/2 hour is the cut-off. Can't surmise about when you can leave in the morning....as soon as the ship clears Customs, you can get off!

Don't worry about what time it is on an island---whatever time it is on the SHIP is the time you need to worry about! Set your watch to ship's time, and you'll be OK! If your excursion leaves at 8am, be there at 8am SHIP'S TIME!

Yes I realise that its the ship's time I need to keep an eye on but I was just wondering how long I could realistically spend on the island and if I would be getting value for money from my dive excursion. A half day charter runs from 8:30am til 12:30pm or 1pm til 5:00pm approx. I don't know if these times match the ships time or not and didn't know what time I could get off the ship as its not a cruise excursion. As we're in port from 8am til 4pm I have booked a full day to be on the safe side.

If anyone could tell me their experience in what time they got off the ship I would be grateful. Yes I realise customs etc could affect this but I'd still appreciate any info on this. Thanks

Yes I realise that its the ship's time I need to keep an eye on but I was just wondering how long I could realistically spend on the island and if I would be getting value for money from my dive excursion. A half day charter runs from 8:30am til 12:30pm or 1pm til 5:00pm approx. I don't know if these times match the ships time or not and didn't know what time I could get off the ship as its not a cruise excursion. As we're in port from 8am til 4pm I have booked a full day to be on the safe side.

If anyone could tell me their experience in what time they got off the ship I would be grateful. Yes I realise customs etc could affect this but I'd still appreciate any info on this. Thanks

We were there last week and GC time was an hour behind ship's time. When you get ON the island the tours booked independantly are on THEIR time!! We booked at 8:30 am but it was actually 7:30 there!

We were there last week and GC time was an hour behind ship's time. When you get ON the island the tours booked independantly are on THEIR time!! We booked at 8:30 am but it was actually 7:30 there!

Thanks for this info. Did you book a ship excursion to get off that early? I have heard some people say RCCL use a ticket system for the tenders. Was this the case with you?

Thanks for this info. Did you book a ship excursion to get off that early? I have heard some people say RCCL use a ticket system for the tenders. Was this the case with you?

You're welcome! We booked on our own. We just went down to the 2nd floor and waited shoulder to shoulder with everyone else until they let us off! There were no ticket systems for tendering.

We are sailing on Liberty of the Seas in July and my question is about the tender service at Grand Cayman. We have booked a full day private charter to dive with Absolute Divers and I'm wondering how long we'll actually be able to stay.

What time could we expect to get off the ship and what time is the last tender back? The ship is in port from 8 til 4.

Is the ships time the same as Grand Cayman time?

Also anyone used Absolute Divers? How did it go?

When are you sailing Steve, we are on the July 25th sailing

Your daily Cruise Compass and signs both onboard, as you leave the ship, and at the dock in Georgetown, will tell you when you need to be back onboard and when the last tender will leave the island for the return to the ship. I would not plan to wait until the last tender goes back to the ship. In most instances, many people have the same idea and the lines can be quite long as they transfer everyone to the ship. Frequently the last tender actually leaves Georgetown later than the schedule says because of the number of passengers who wait until the last minute to reboard. If you allow yourself a bit more time (say an hour or hour and a half) your return trip will be quicker and more pleasant.:)

Archived