recycling clothing among cc members

Hi Marie! I did finally get the dress and earrings the day before yesterday. Unfortunately I had already moved back to college when they arrived but I should be receiving them soon. Email me and let me know how much postage was! I don't have a laptop at the moment and am super busy at the moment but I'll get back to you as soon as possible. I'm glad you had a great trip!

For future reference, you only have to look at the postage label on the package, it will be printed right there.

Hi Marie,

Welcome back, so glad you had a lovely time catching up with your parents, enjoy your weeks of driving and all the best for your next op.

My daughter Rochelle has not got your parcel as yet and she will let you know as soon as she does. She is so looking forward to it and it will cheer her up as she has not been feeling the best for a couple of weeks.

Hugs

Doreen

Ho Shorbr,

Hubby and I are doing ok, we have just booked flights for Rochelle to come down in late Sept for a few weeks, she will be celebrating her bithday in Oct (28th) as well as her dad's 75th (29th) so will have a family dinner out somewhere.

Hugs Doreen

Hi Doreen,

I'm so glad that you replied for your daughter. I'm sorry to hear that she is not feeling well. Please send her my regards :)

Yes, the support from friends, family, and even here is great! When Rochelle gets a chance, please tell her that she is in my thoughts and hopefully she will be feeling better real soon. Hope you and your husband are doing well also.

Take care

I just love the idea of all those lovely dresses that have travelled the world. Imagine the night time conversations in your wardrobes, "Hey, pinkie, I've done 20 cruises so far. How about you?" "Oh gee, green satin, I've only clocked up one so far, but it was an around-the-world, so I think that's like a full house, isn't it." "Hey, you two, don't forget me. These shoes have walked the streets of Venice, Hong Kong, Valparaiso, and watched sheep sheering in New Zealand."

You are a lovely bunch of ladies to allow your clothes to accumulate such wonderful experiences and I'll certainly be watching for what may pop up in a size 14 for an Australian closer to my departure date.

Edited by Beejay4016

I just love the idea of all those lovely dresses that have travelled the world. Imagine the night time conversations in your wardrobes, "Hey, pinkie, I've done 20 cruises so far. How about you?" "Oh gee, green satin, I've only clocked up one so far, but it was an around-the-world, so I think that's like a full house, isn't it." "Hey, you two, don't forget me. These shoes have walked the streets of Venice, Hong Kong, Valparaiso, and watched sheep sheering in New Zealand."

You are a lovely bunch of ladies to allow your clothes to accumulate such wonderful experiences and I'll certainly be watching for what may pop up in a size 14 for an Australian closer to my departure date.

LOL.... cute! I am sorry I do not have anything size 14 for you. I love Redheadtaxan's dresses and gowns; they are size 14. Since you are in Australia, I guess you have to stay up all nights to have any chance to get one of her beautiful dress or gown. Good luck :).

M

Hi Marie,

Welcome back, so glad you had a lovely time catching up with your parents, enjoy your weeks of driving and all the best for your next op.

My daughter Rochelle has not got your parcel as yet and she will let you know as soon as she does. She is so looking forward to it and it will cheer her up as she has not been feeling the best for a couple of weeks.

Hugs

Doreen

Good day Doreen,

I am sorry for the delayed. I shipped your packages on Monday. I had to get the boxes :D.

Hope all is well with everyone.

xoxoxo

Marie

LOL.... cute! I am sorry I do not have anything size 14 for you. I love Redheadtaxan's dresses and gowns; they are size 14. Since you are in Australia, I guess you have to stay up all nights to have any chance to get one of her beautiful dress or gown. Good luck :).

M

I was priviledged to get one of Redheadtexan's dresses. Also, I was wondering if shoes could be recycled. Maybe only worn twice. I keep my shoes in excellent condition. I have a few pairs...size 9 sandals. I normally wear an 8 1/2 shoe, but for sandals buy up one size so toes don't hang over. These sandals could be worn on casual nights...I have a black pair and could just look to see what others I can offer.

If only I could post pictures to the website, but I don't know how. Could anybody help?

If only I could post pictures to the website, but I don't know how. Could anybody help?

You need to have your pictures in a storage site like Photobucket, Picasa, Webshots, etc. They are all free and easy to use. Once they are loaded in one of the sites, it is very easy to post them here. You can post directly from your computer here but they are small and not very good for seeing detail, etc.

Beejay, I still have 2 gowns left if you are interested...both are US size 14 from JS Collections.

th_DSCN1922.jpg

th_DSCN1929.jpg

th_DSC04753.jpg

th_62012_1560195135679_3238006_n.jpg

I am getting pretty good with custom forms, so I will ship to Australia if you are interested. :D

lisa at lounsbery dot com

I was priviledged to get one of Redheadtexan's dresses. Also, I was wondering if shoes could be recycled. Maybe only worn twice. I keep my shoes in excellent condition. I have a few pairs...size 9 sandals. I normally wear an 8 1/2 shoe, but for sandals buy up one size so toes don't hang over. These sandals could be worn on casual nights...I have a black pair and could just look to see what others I can offer.

Yes, you could post shoes, handbags, and whatever you want. I posted shoes before and will post some more soon. I have guests coming from Sydney tomorrow. They are here for a week before their cruise to Alaska.

Have a great day.

M

You need to have your pictures in a storage site like Photobucket, Picasa, Webshots, etc. They are all free and easy to use. Once they are loaded in one of the sites, it is very easy to post them here. You can post directly from your computer here but they are small and not very good for seeing detail, etc.

LOL... before we were friends :).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1289609&highlight=how+to+post+pictures+

MLTY

xoxoxo

M

Cute read.

That was very funny, I often have thought that when I choose something !

That was very funny, I often have thought that when I choose something !

People have passed around various stuffed animals to see how many places it could visit. Maybe a dress could do the same, it could be The Sisterhood of the Traveling Dress.:D

I love this, just think if they could talk ....we could be amused for months.

That's right, M, I'm deep in the land of Nod when all these lovely dresses come dancing across the screen, but that's okay because we're not cruising until January. I do have a couple of lovely cocktail type dresses which will be perfect for the non-formal nights, and I don't mind if I end up having to buy two or three evening gowns - it's so long since I've had the requirement to do so that it would be very exciting anyway.

Cheers, Bev

Oh, that is kind. I do love that pale pink one. I really like the style of it. I think the brown one, while it is really elegant, is probably a bit too low cut for me, but thank you anyway. I will send you an email with my details, and if you let me know how much the postage is I'll send you a check, or pay it into a Paypal account if you have one, or send you an Amazon gift voucher, whatever you are happy with.

Cheers .. Bev

I, Beejay4016 aka Bev Smith, hereby state that as a member of the Sisterhood of the Travelling Dress, I will faithfully respect the globe-trotting history of each and every recycled gown and will forward with each dress a cruise passport showing my ports of call.

Signed in red wine,

Bev

Good day Doreen,

I am sorry for the delayed. I shipped your packages on Monday. I had to get the boxes :D.

Hope all is well with everyone.

xoxoxo

Marie

Hi Marie, No worries I will let Rochelle know, Rochelle is with her daughter and her children at the moment as they are moving closer to Rochelle so she is helping with the kids while the packing is getting done.

Hubby and I are ok, we looking forward to the warmer weather.

Hugs

Doreen xx

Yes, you could post shoes, handbags, and whatever you want. I posted shoes before and will post some more soon. I have guests coming from Sydney tomorrow. They are here for a week before their cruise to Alaska.

Have a great day.

M

Thanks! You have a great week with your guests!