recycling clothing among cc members

So here I am, elegant night one, wearing a dress I got from Lisa and earrings I got from Sheri. Got several compliments on both. :)

Just got home from our cruise an hour or so ago. Reading through posts and trying to catch up. Laundry will have to wait! So glad to see your news, Sheri. God is good ... all the time.

Hope to hear equally great news from Marie ... haven't gotten wedding pictures back yet but her/my shoes are well represented in those photos and I'll post one asap!

God bless all of you!

Judy

Judy...you look absolutely gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see photos of your wedding :)

But from the side, not so much. :-(. Can anyone else use this dress? I wear an 8 and sometimes a 10 and I'm 5'8" if tharpt helps you determine if it would fit you. I really wish it worked for me.

ImageUploadedByForums1372681828.704259.jpg.b11b7acfe00254c89e82886e5a3915ac.jpg

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by magandab

But from the side, not so much. :-(. Can anyone else use this dress? I wear an 8 and sometimes a 10 and I'm 5'8" if tharpt helps you determine if it would fit you. I really wish it worked for me.

[ATTACH]277508[/ATTACH]

Try the dress on with some Spanx, it will be perfect for you! :)

Try the dress on with some Spanx, it will be perfect for you! :)

I've never worn them. Are they hot? Trying to imagine wearing what is basically a girdle under a light-as-a-feather summer dress. :-/

This is a bunch of camis/tanks. They are marked mostly small and medium but they seem small to me - most measuring between 14 - 16 inches in chest when laid flat. Maybe good for working out?

These are short camis - not long like they make now that are pulled down - these are going to show some skin, lol - except for the Banana Republic tank - it is black (there is another black cami) and size small and measures 14" across when laid flat and then 22.5 inches in length. It is a nice light weight almost finely ribbed texture - 100% cotton.

The lavendar and white cami's have a shelf bra.

Debbie

debinnova at aol.com

Debbie,

Are these tops still available?

I would love them if they are.

I will send you an email also.

Have a great day. Stay cool and dry.

Gerry

email is: thgaloha@yahoo.com

Debbie,

Are these tops still available?

I would love them if they are.

I will send you an email also.

Have a great day. Stay cool and dry.

Gerry

email is: thgaloha@yahoo.com

Gerry, yes, the group of small tanks and the black Banana Republic are available - so now all are gone...send me your address. I have some more nicer things to put up but now I have three packages to get out. That is the hardest part for me - figuring out how to ship and finding the time!

Just learned about the "if it fits, it ships" tyvek envelope from Postal Service and going to try to go get some of them tomorrow! But I think if under 13 oz. still cheaper to do first class, right? Just can't track? What do you guys do for tracking, if anything?

Debbie

Debbie

I've never worn them. Are they hot? Trying to imagine wearing what is basically a girdle under a light-as-a-feather summer dress. :-/

There are some spanx - Skiny Britches -that are actually light and provide good support - not heavy like formal gown but comfortable for everyday wear.

See I am a 12/14 up top (sometimes bigger - sometimes smaller) and I think the dress is made for someone YOUNGER than we are :) it fit me too - just was not 1005 comfortable with it - BUT see i think it looks great on you - better than I though on me

sharon

There are some spanx - Skiny Britches -that are actually light and provide good support - not heavy like formal gown but comfortable for everyday wear.

See I am a 12/14 up top (sometimes bigger - sometimes smaller) and I think the dress is made for someone YOUNGER than we are :) it fit me too - just was not 1005 comfortable with it - BUT see i think it looks great on you - better than I though on me

sharon

Yeah, I think that's the bottom line! I think even with Spanx, I might feel a little uncomfortable sashaying around in it. I do love it though and DH really loved it. LOL

Yeah, I think that's the bottom line! I think even with Spanx, I might feel a little uncomfortable sashaying around in it. I do love it though and DH really loved it. LOL

Then in that case keep it. I think if you put on a long sweater you can wear it year round where you are or wear it as a beach coverup. In all honesty I think it looks good on you and if DH likes it .... In my case I just think my chest (the girls) were just WAY to big for the dress - put everthing out of proportion.

Sharon

The spanx aren't bad! I wear them under all my summer tshirt dresses as well as maxis just to avoid panty lines, etc. After you wear them a few times, you'll be trying them under all sorts of outfits! FYI: Marshall's and TJMaxx often have them or other brands of the same things pretty inexpensive, and Target has another brand, cannot think of the name right now, that is made by spanx. Good luck, and keep the dress, you'll be happy with it once you figure out the undergarments...it looks great on you! :)

Edited by KeithsKelly

Gosh -

I haven't had computer access for awhile - and I was so far behind on all the health news (that we got scolded for) and all the great fashions!

Now I've got to find the "floataway lounge" recyclers thread and catch up with that.

I love seeing the dresses on the new owners - I think everyone that was lucky enough to snag one of Marie's gorgeous offerings should definitely post their picture!

Missed you all! Happy to be back!!

Cindy

The spanx aren't bad! I wear them under all my summer tshirt dresses as well as maxis just to avoid panty lines, etc. After you wear them a few times, you'll be trying them under all sorts of outfits! FYI: Marshall's and TJMaxx often have them or other brands of the same things pretty inexpensive, and Target has another brand, cannot think of the name right now, that is made by spanx. Good luck, and keep the dress, you'll be happy with it once you figure out the undergarments...it looks great on you! :)

I just looked it up. Target's are called Assets. Didn't know Target had a sense of humor!

Gosh -

I haven't had computer access for awhile - and I was so far behind on all the health news (that we got scolded for) and all the great fashions!

Now I've got to find the "floataway lounge" recyclers thread and catch up with that.

I love seeing the dresses on the new owners - I think everyone that was lucky enough to snag one of Marie's gorgeous offerings should definitely post their picture!

Cindy

No need for the Floataway Lounge....altho it's really nice also ;) There is a thread on this board that is for "off topics"

Sharon, received the dress this afternoon. It's beautiful.....Looks like it will fit but will try it on later. Will get your check in the mail....Thanks. Lisa, your check went out today....Thanks

No need for the Floataway Lounge....altho it's really nice also ;) There is a thread on this board that is for "off topics"

Sharon, received the dress this afternoon. It's beautiful.....Looks like it will fit but will try it on later. Will get your check in the mail....Thanks. Lisa, your check went out today....Thanks

I am happy that the shoes worked out for you. :D

Lisa

Thanks. I did realize that but thought it would be more personal if we had our own thread. It's really nice there like you mentioned.

The float away lounge can be found under cruise discussion topics.

Gosh -

Cindy

Thanks. I did realize that but thought it would be more personal if we had our own thread. It's really nice there like you mentioned.

The float away lounge can be found under cruise discussion topics.

OOPs......my statement about the Floataway Lounge was in reference to the above....sorry.

Lisa, I LOVE the shoes......did you not get my email letting you know that I received them and how much I loved them? My email has been a little screwy lately...not sure what is going on with it....again THANK YOU

I honestly prefer our thread on Floataway Lounge as our posts don't get lost in the jumble.

Meanwhile, back to the topic --- all this free stuff is costing me a fortune! Now I need to go shopping for Spanx and a new swimsuit! The ones I have are two piece and the bottoms are skirted. Don't suppose anyone has a one piece leek suit in a size 10.... Nah

I honestly prefer our thread on Floataway Lounge as our posts don't get lost in the jumble.

Meanwhile, back to the topic --- all this free stuff is costing me a fortune! Now I need to go shopping for Spanx and a new swimsuit! The ones I have are two piece and the bottoms are skirted. Don't suppose anyone has a one piece leek suit in a size 10.... Nah

That was supposed to be a sleek suit not a leek suit. Sheesh

Lisa, I LOVE the shoes......did you not get my email letting you know that I received them and how much I loved them? My email has been a little screwy lately...not sure what is going on with it....again THANK YOU

I did receive your email, it just dawned on me when I saw your post that I forgot to respond. :eek: June was a crazy month dealing with the aftermath of my car accident. Thankfully, everything is back to normal now.

Lisa