Seward to Anchorage with 7:30pm flight

tommygirl1

We will disembark the Veendam at 6:00 am in Seward. Our flight leaves Anchorage at 7:30 pm. Any recommendations on excursions/ transfers.

We would like to take the cruisetrain offered by HAL but that leaves no time for Seward. If we decide to take the cruisetrain, we will arrive at the Anchorage airport by 11:00 am. Any recommendations for things to see in Anchorage before our flight? Would love to hear feedback from others on their recommendation on the train or other transport to Anchorage with sightseeing in Seward?

Given the 7:30pm departure, you'd have to check in no later than 5:30pm. I'd suggest the train to Anchorage followed by a nice lunch downtown at Simon and Seaforts, Ristorante Orso, or the Glacier Brewhouse followed by some walking and looking around the downtown area. There's a free shuttle to the Alaska Native Heritage Center (admission fee) or you can take a tour of the city on the Anchorage Trolley.

For information on Anchorage, go to http://www.anchorage.net

My party will disembark Seward June 12 @6:00am, take the RC tour train to Anchorage and fly out at 7:30pm.

Does this tour train take you to the airport, or to the downtown railroad station?? If it takes you downtown—what can you do w/your luggage while you eat lunch, etc.??

If it takes you to the airport, can we check in, get our boarding pass, check luggage and then get taxi to town??

My party will disembark Seward June 12 @6:00am, take the RC tour train to Anchorage and fly out at 7:30pm.

Does this tour train take you to the airport, or to the downtown railroad station?? If it takes you downtown—what can you do w/your luggage while you eat lunch, etc.??

If it takes you to the airport, can we check in, get our boarding pass, check luggage and then get taxi to town??

Some cruise contracted trains go to both downtown and the airport. Post this question directly, there are experts on this board re the Alaska RR.

But you can not check luggage more than 4 hours ahead with most airlines. There is pay baggage storage. But if your cruiseline uses the Egan Center for the downtown drop off, they have baggage storage.

After departing the ship around 8-10 we are free for the day. Our flight out of Acnorage is at 9 pm. Would you suggest an excursion in Seward and then travel, or travel to Anchorage. Would you suggest cruise line transportation or is there an independent way to get to Anchorage beside car rental.

thanks,

janines

After departing the ship around 8-10 we are free for the day. Our flight out of Acnorage is at 9 pm. Would you suggest an excursion in Seward and then travel, or travel to Anchorage. Would you suggest cruise line transportation or is there an independent way to get to Anchorage beside car rental.

thanks,

janines

OK< this is only what I would do, :) I would haul myself off the ship early and get on the 8am Kenai Fjords boat tour, gets back about 2pm. Then I would have the rental car and at the least, enjoy the scenery with stops along the Seward Highway, driving myself to the airport after a nice dinner. Yes, costly, BUT, it offers you a full day of opportunity. How much is you "time" worth, and how often are you going to get to Alaska?? My time is too valuable to be stuck in the wait mode doing nothing, which a good part of shuttle bus transfers are.

Archived