Ship excursions in Dublin

NKG6002

For anyone that has taken a ship tour in Dublin...... Can we be picked up in the city and dropped back off in the city rather than at the ship ? Any idea on the cost of taxi rides from the city back to the ship ? Thanks in advance !! :)

Last year on Jade, the tourist board sent shuttle buses from the ship to Trinity College in the heart of the city. The ho/ho buses were waiting there. I'm sure that taxis will be on the dock, as everyone will know that a large ship is due in-it's a fairly rare event round Ireland or the UK.-jocap.

Thanks for the reply..but I may not have made my question clear :o. We are booked on a ship excursion that is scheduled at 1 PM which leaves several bhours before and after for seeing Dublin. Do I assume correctly that en excursion sponsored by the ship will pick us up AT the ship ? Considering the hours before and after that we would like to use for seeing the city it would be very convenient if the tour bus would pick us up and drop us back off in the city rather than at the ship.....hence my question :) I also would like to know how far the ship is docked from the tourist part of the city. I hope this helps :)

Archived