Is it too cold to swim in Crown Princess pools while cruising the Fjords and North Ca

ta tommy

We were on the "Old Royal" for this cruise and do remember using the pool.Do not miss the 'polar bear' club swim,it was a hoot and the kids will really have something to brag about.Have a great time ,this was one of my favorite cruises.Kathe

We were on the "Old Royal" for this cruise and do remember using the pool.Do not miss the 'polar bear' club swim,it was a hoot and the kids will really have something to brag about.Have a great time ,this was one of my favorite cruises.Kathe

What is the ' polar bear' club swim? We will be on the Crown Princess:confused:

When you pass the artic circle the pool is filled with ice and with great cermony you jump into the pool and you are inducted into the Polar Bear Club.It was great fun and not too cold the day we did it.Kathe

Just got off the Crown Princess last Sunday. We were on for 21 day. Transatlantic and then the Western Mediterrean. The Crown has 4 pools. None of which are covered. The Lotus Spa pool and rear pool are both adults only. There are two main pools in the middle of the ship.

On the transatlantic all 4 of the pools were heated and swimmable. One the Western Mediterrean part of the cruise they only heated the adult pools. There were many complaints as to why they did not heat the two main pools.

DH did the polar bear swim :eek: on the Sea Princess a few years ago and I'm pretty sure he even got an "official" certificate for it. We also enjoyed the hot tubs almost every evening after dinner. We were the only ones using them and because of being so far north, it was light until late at night.

It is to cold for me. I can remember a local band playing on deck as we cruised down a fjord with a couple of members shivering noticeably, and they were fully clothed. We even got snowed on during our North Cape cruise. Our cruise was on NCL and we had a midnight sun party while drifting off the North Cape in the Arctic Ocean. There were some hardy souls in the hot tubs but no one in the pools. It was one of my most memorable experiences in cruising...a deck party at midnight in broad daylight.

I haven't been on the Crown but most Princess ships have an indoor pool !
Actually, many Princess ships don't have an indoor pool. Some do, many don't. Particularly the newer ships and the former "R" ships. Whether you can swim will depend on the wind and weather; I've been on a cruise when it was far too cold to sit in the Solarium much less swim.

It is to cold for me. I can remember a local band playing on deck as we cruised down a fjord with a couple of members shivering noticeably, and they were fully clothed. We even got snowed on during our North Cape cruise. Our cruise was on NCL and we had a midnight sun party while drifting off the North Cape in the Arctic Ocean. There were some hardy souls in the hot tubs but no one in the pools. It was one of my most memorable experiences in cruising...a deck party at midnight in broad daylight.

What month did you travel in?

I know I'm not the one you asked, but we went in late June/early July. You will need winter coats, hats, gloves and scarves. We didn't have any snow but our day at the North Cape was very windy and overcast (not to mention COLD). :eek: Just remember, this isn't the Caribbean! :rolleyes:

Archived