Worried about getting sick

sherizel

So I have been looking forward to this cruise for so long now I keep thinking something bad is going to happen and I won't be able to go. I'm a constant worrier and pessimist. It is silly but I have been taking Vitamin C and trying to eat healthy to boost my immune system. The guy who sits next to me at work is sick and I have threatened his life if he breathes in my direction. In addition, this whole swine flu thing has got everyone on edge. I have to listen to my mother ask me "are you sure it's safe to travel." I'm going to the Caribbean, not Mexico. Anyway, am I the only crazy one who is like this? It's okay if you say yes! :)

So I have been looking forward to this cruise for so long now I keep thinking something bad is going to happen and I won't be able to go. I'm a constant worrier and pessimist. It is silly but I have been taking Vitamin C and trying to eat healthy to boost my immune system. The guy who sits next to me at work is sick and I have threatened his life if he breathes in my direction. In addition, this whole swine flu thing has got everyone on edge. I have to listen to my mother ask me "are you sure it's safe to travel." I'm going to the Caribbean, not Mexico. Anyway, am I the only crazy one who is like this? It's okay if you say yes! :)

Probably not lol! I know myself, unless I'm on my death bead nothing will stop me from taking my vacation........

There have been times I have been sick........but I got it on the plane on the way to the cruise.......

I think everyone is a bit germphobic right now. A lady had a mask on in front of me at the check out in the grocery store. Turned out she had pneunomia. Made me back away. The check out cleck wiped all the surfaces down, made her nervous too.

PS my sister fell out of bed the morning we were boarding the Conquest a couple of weeks ago and we still went. She spent all week with a broken arm :( I was going and so she decided to go too. Things do happen, you just have to make the best of things.

No, you're not crazy but, you could actually worry yourself sick.

Myself, it seems that everytime I start loading myself down with vitamins,,,,guaranteed within a week I come down with something

I'm sure you're not, but you yourself said that you're a constant worrier and a pessimist.

Just do healthy things, take precautions, and look forward to the Caribbean.

I get the same way. I don't really worry about getting sick, I just get paranoid that something is going to keep me off the ship. I have relaxed a little about it now, but it was pretty bad in the beginning. I sailed on the Valor last October and I had only cruised once before about 18 years ago. I was not relaxed until I was up on the Lido deck. I have cruised two other times since then and have been a bit more relaxed about it. I am on the same cruise as you and have no worries this time. Just try to relax, it will be alright.

I'll look for a seriously paranoid girl during check in to see if you need calming down. icon12.gif

I have been on a cruise where I got sick 2 days before with a terrible cold. It is not fun being sick when on vacation. I take Zicam swabs, and Severe Cold Formula for Chest congestion when I get a cold. I also take the Emergen-C packets. I take this stuff with me on every cruise/vacation as well.

My daughter got sick with a fever the week before our last cruise. And following the normal process, she felt better after a few days, but passed her funk on to me. :eek:

I was running a fever 3 days before we were supposed to cruise, and had no energy to pack my bags. Fortunately, it cleared up by the time we left, but I still had the sniffles for the duration of our cruise. I'm sure our cabin steward got tired of supplying us with new boxes of tissues every other day! :rolleyes:

Regardless, we all had a fabulous time! Sure, it would have been nice not to have to keep my pockets stuffed with tissues and hand sanitizer, or have to wash my hands every 3 minutes, but I didn't let it stop me from enjoying our trip.

Here's what we did prior to cruising -

Went to health food store and got herbal anti-viral liquid, took it for a week prior to cruising and while on the cruise. Also, first thing I do when we get in our cabin (although it is spotless clean) is clean remote, phone, doorknobs, etc with anti-bacterial or Clorox wipes. We didn't have any problems and had a wonderful cruise. I love that Carnival has the tissue wipes by the public bathroom doors (for use on doorknobs).

I have been taking vacations every year the 1st or 2nd weeks of JAN. I was getting sick about every other year I was on vacation. I changed to Feb. and have been good so far. I agree with a previous poster. I think you can make yourself sick from the worry.

Archived