Pharoahs and the Promised Land

We are considering this cruise for next spring but have never seen a review of port excursios to Bethlehem, Nazareth and Jerusalem.

Has anyone been to these destinations from a cruise port? How long will an excursion take to reach these places?

I'd love to hear from anyone who has been here before.

We are considering this cruise for next spring but have never seen a review of port excursios to Bethlehem, Nazareth and Jerusalem.

Has anyone been to these destinations from a cruise port? How long will an excursion take to reach these places?

I'd love to hear from anyone who has been here before.

Hi,

We've not been, but the Thomson's website says the excursions are averiging 10 to 12 hours in length for most of those.

http://www.thomsonbeach.co.uk/th/cruise/viewPortDetails.do?portCode=CMS018

Berwyn

I am booked for this cruise next year. March was the month I decided on.

Yes the trips are a little on the long side so I will pick the ones I do with care.

Thr troubles in the area are not a great worry to me at the moment, as long as they do not escalate it should be fine.

Ron

I have booked this cruise for next March, looking forward to it, troubles do not bother me, the following is a link to a thread with some Reports re this cruise, the thread starts off with one report, but halfway down the page you will find a very detailed report.:)

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=764538&highlight=2nd+review+for+spirit

Thanks for the response. The risk of troubles doesn't worry me - I rely on the tour operator to know if an area is safe or otherwise rather than media reports.

Lovely to read the other thread giving details of the destinations. We're more interested in this itinerary than ever now!

• 4 weeks later...

We have booked to go in March too. Husband visited Isreal when he was a mere child on a school trip. I cannot wait as have always wanted to visit the Holy sites.

Looking forward to it a lot. We had our first cruise this year, Pyramids and Piazzas, and I fell in love with Egypt, as I knew I would. I also koved the boat, although a rough crossing made me feel otherwise for a while :D. I just really missed it when we came home.

• 6 months later...
I wouldn't worry about the 'troubles' ...Thomson would not risk taking anyone there if they thought there would be trouble.....

Hi, Just read a review of this Thomson cruise which we have booked for April. Our concern was the reviewers comments re the excursion to Bethlehem ie; the guide stating he was not Palestinian so abandoned them to the management of the coach driver who spoke very little English and who left them to their own devices, Anyone had this experience !!

Archived