Dazed and Confused!

Bcshur

I know many people post threads like this, but I am quite confused! I have been a loyal Royal Caribbean fan for years and years. I am looking to do a cruise this summer, but Royal Caribbean is just getting rediculous with their prices. We are paying for their new gigantic ships! Anyone ever done both lines, which one do you prefer? The rock climbing wall, ice skating rink is all stuff not needed. Hows the service and food in comparison? Sorry for the sillyness, something is just holding me back from making the switch and saving money! :)

Thanks in advance!:)

I do both. I admit to being a RCL fan, but since RCL doesnt go out of Galveston year round, they forced me to book Carnival too. I have 5 booked this year with Carnival plus I did Voyager.

I didnt like the big screen tv on Conquest, I thought it was way too loud when the band played, but I love Ecstasy. Im doing B2B on Conquest because of the Crazies and going out of New Orleans once plus I got a great last minute deal a few weeks back on Conquest due to the flu so added yet another Carnival cruise. We had lots of trouble with our cabin steward getting our cabin cleaned, but thats a matter of luck. Most will say they never had a issue, I just ran into that one slow cabin steward who wasnt all there mentally imo, seemed to not get I had a issue and talked to him repeatedly.

I love RCL, but rather than stay home, you bet Im doing Carnival too. I love to cruise. Carnival you will enjoy the food. Carnival has given us wonderful table mates and batting 100% on waiters, the best!!! Food is great, so how can you be unhappy on a cruise. Go and enjoy.

Having been on both lines. My opinion is service, entertainment, and food

are pretty much the same. Royal Caribbeans ships are architecturally

more interesting, with more of a wow factor. But Carnival's ships are

real nice also. To me Carnival is a better bargain. As for pricing, if you

look at different sailing dates, you may come up with something you

feel comfortable paying.

I think this is a great thread. The last 2 cruises we did were Royal and it has been many years since we were on Carnival. I am going to do some comparing when we are on Carnival in August. It seems that the Royal cruises have gone up quite a bit in price lately. The ships are beautiful and we were on the Freedom of the Seas & that was the tops!!;)

We have cruised previously with RCCL and Carnival and definately think RCCl is little better. I prefer the ships decor on RCCL alot better and I feel they have nore daytime activities (non drinking) planned thru the cruise directors staff than does Carnival. RCCL passenger base tends to be few years older on average than Carnival.

However sometimes a lower price makes up for your preferences of another line.

Thanks everyone! We're really debating. The longest i've been on is in a 5 day cruise, considering doing nothing this summer. Maybe a little beachy vacation, then a 7-9 day'er next Summer.

Perhaps i'll try to look for a dea on a Carnival cruise soon, then I can compare myself! Again, I thank you for the input! :)

I know many people post threads like this, but I am quite confused! I have been a loyal Royal Caribbean fan for years and years. I am looking to do a cruise this summer, but Royal Caribbean is just getting rediculous with their prices. We are paying for their new gigantic ships! Anyone ever done both lines, which one do you prefer? The rock climbing wall, ice skating rink is all stuff not needed. Hows the service and food in comparison? Sorry for the sillyness, something is just holding me back from making the switch and saving money! :)

Thanks in advance!:)

We think Carnival is great but we enjoy RCI too. I just don't think paying a premium for RCI is justified based on service, food, etc. Do their ships have a bigger "wow" factor, yes they do, but, as you noted, all those bells and whistles aren't worth the extra $$$ to me. I'll only go on RCI when its a great deal and with ports I want to visit.

Try one of the newer Carnival ships which are primarily on 6/7 day cruises and you should be fine. Try them and branch out so you can do your own comparison.

We like both. Truthfully, we were afraid to try Carnival, but the prices were just so good compared to the other lines, so we decided to try Carnival.

Honestly, we find the food and service to be just as good as RCCL. The ships don't have the amazing ice rinks, promenades, Johnny Rockets, etc., but since we mainly go for the ports, we don't really miss all that stuff. Plus, Carnival still has lobster and free drinks at the past guest parties.

We like both, and do both depending in itinerary, price, etc.

We have sailed Carnival (most recently on Miracle), Royal & NCL and enjoyed ALL of them, but the pricing on Carnival is much better.

Of all the Carnival ships I've sailed on so far, my favorite is the Miracle!

Karen

Archived