Already booked dinner reserva not showing

FabFam

OT...how were you able to see that your reservations were still in the system?

I just logged in to check mine and there doesn't appear to be an option for "Dining Reservations."

I assume this is because we are more than 30 days out, but I thought there would be a way to see reservations that were already confirmed.

Roomie--you have it right. Check the website at exactly 30 days before the day of embarkation, and the dining reservations link should magically reappear. It did for me, and our previously made reservations were intact.

Cheers!

OT...how were you able to see that your reservations were still in the system?

I just logged in to check mine and there doesn't appear to be an option for "Dining Reservations."

I assume this is because we are more than 30 days out, but I thought there would be a way to see reservations that were already confirmed.

That's right. Nothing comes up until you are within the 30 day deadline, in my case 30 days before 26 June, i.e. 27 May, and then everything works and it is a relief!

FWIW, Two points:

1) RE: double booking: We did this -- made online bookings for a table for 4 for DH & me plus my parents for one night in Prime 7 and one night in Signatures. My father did the same. As it was a 14-night cruise and we should have been able to dine once per week (= twice during the cruise) in each venue, I don't feel too bad about that. Plus, there were only about 450 pax on our cruise, so there should have been plenty of availability. Although, I'm not sure I would have felt bad about that anyway, unless I knew some people couldn't get reservations at all. ;)

2) RE: Signatures Menu: On our recent 14-night cruise, Signatures changed their menu the 2nd week, so it's not always the "same" menu. Also, they were testing a "dinner & show" for a few nights; you had a set menu (with choice between 2 main dishes), then went to the Mariner lounge for a cabaret show. We actually ate in Signatures 3 times -- we were "walk-ins" on the first night of our cruise (checked a little before dinner time and there was lots of availability), did the "dinner & show," and then ate in Signatures the night after our dinner/show, which was the night they'd just changed their menu. Thus, we had 3 completely different meals. I consider myself a foodie, and I thoroughly enjoyed each meal. Especially the truffle butter with the bread!!

FWIW, Two points:

2) RE: Signatures Menu: On our recent 14-night cruise, Signatures changed their menu the 2nd week, so it's not always the "same" menu. Also, they were testing a "dinner & show" for a few nights; you had a set menu (with choice between 2 main dishes), then went to the Mariner lounge for a cabaret show. We actually ate in Signatures 3 times -- we were "walk-ins" on the first night of our cruise (checked a little before dinner time and there was lots of availability), did the "dinner & show," and then ate in Signatures the night after our dinner/show, which was the night they'd just changed their menu. Thus, we had 3 completely different meals. I consider myself a foodie, and I thoroughly enjoyed each meal. Especially the truffle butter with the bread!!

Won't comment on your first point as I disagree. Just wanted to say how happy we are that Signatures has FINALLY changed their menu. While I am not sure exactly how long they had the same menu, it was definitely the same from May through October of last year.

How was the dinner and show?

Won't comment on your first point as I disagree. Just wanted to say how happy we are that Signatures has FINALLY changed their menu. While I am not sure exactly how long they had the same menu, it was definitely the same from May through October of last year.

On my 15 day cruise through the Panama Canal on Mariner, the menu in Signatures changed after the first week. We dined there one night each week.

On my 15 day cruise through the Panama Canal on Mariner, the menu in Signatures changed after the first week. We dined there one night each week.

We were on 2 segments of the Voyager world cruise last year (4 weeks) and the Signatures menu changed, a little bit, each week.

How was the dinner and show?

Well, I can add in my defense of point 1 that my parents are Gold SSS members and would have had reservation preference for additional seatings in the preferred venues. ;)

Also, Signatures was never fully booked. If Signatures is really keeping a static menu for that long, I think that explains why it's never full, and Prime 7 is supposedly fully booked (though on our recent cruise, they closed both alternative venues on various nights, so I'd guess that they really don't see either of them being fully committed).

The dinner & show was good. The meal was fabulous -- as I consider myself a "foodie," I can be somewhat picky with my food. The set menu "forced" me to try some items I never would have chosen due to my pickiness, and they were all fabulous, so it just goes to show that broadening one's horizons can be a good thing. The show was pretty good. The song selection and the pianist (Jon Webber) were fantastic, but I didn't love the personality of the singer, so that was the only down side from my perspective. Overall, I really enjoyed the whole experience, and would do it again.

Well, I can add in my defense of point 1 that my parents are Gold SSS members and would have had reservation preference for additional seatings in the preferred venues. ;)

Also, Signatures was never fully booked. If Signatures is really keeping a static menu for that long, I think that explains why it's never full, and Prime 7 is supposedly fully booked (though on our recent cruise, they closed both alternative venues on various nights, so I'd guess that they really don't see either of them being fully committed).

The dinner & show was good. The meal was fabulous -- as I consider myself a "foodie," I can be somewhat picky with my food. The set menu "forced" me to try some items I never would have chosen due to my pickiness, and they were all fabulous, so it just goes to show that broadening one's horizons can be a good thing. The show was pretty good. The song selection and the pianist (Jon Webber) were fantastic, but I didn't love the personality of the singer, so that was the only down side from my perspective. Overall, I really enjoyed the whole experience, and would do it again.

Thank you for the input on the dinner and show. We did not plan to book Signatures on our September cruise -- you have given us a reason to do so!

Regarding the early reservations. If you take a step back for a minute -- forget the fact that your parents are SSS Gold, etc. Just think of yourself as a first time cruiser who has saved for a long time for your cruise. You read and reread the brochures so that you understand how everything works. You go online on the 30th day prior to your cruise to book a reservation . . . . only to find there is nothing available in Prime 7. It doesn't matter that this was caused by a computer glitch -- all you care about is that you cannot book this dining venue.

A recent post indicates that the same thing appears to be happening on the "free" excursions. Excursions are full before the 120 day booking start date.

As I have mentioned previously, we are not affected by this. We are also in a Penthouse suite with a butler that can get us priority reservations (and we are coming up on Gold status in 2010). Still, I would not want to dine in Prime 7 twice if it meant that others can not dine there once. JMO

Why do you need to say anything in your "defense"? You said you dined in Prime 7 twice on a 14 night cruise with 450 passengers on board. My math says that even if nearly all of them wanted to dine there, even if there was only minimal double seating each night and even if the restaurant shut for the occasional night, you behaved within the spirit of the policy and no one else missed out as a consequence of your actions. Well done..I'm going to use you as my guiding light icon3.gif

Why do you need to say anything in your "defense"? You said you dined in Prime 7 twice on a 14 night cruise with 450 passengers on board. My math says that even if nearly all of them wanted to dine there, even if there was only minimal double seating each night and even if the restaurant shut for the occasional night, you behaved within the spirit of the policy and no one else missed out as a consequence of your actions. Well done..I'm going to use you as my guiding light icon3.gif

I have no problem with anyone enjoying everything Regent has to offer. On our last cruise we dined in one of the PG speciualty restaurants regualry. . .by asking the maitre d' is space was available (which it often was.) The issue, I think, is pre-booking through what was obviously a Regent glitch (of which there have been a few in the past few months.) No matter. . . Compass Rose is awedome and we look forward to it! Best to all =)

Thank you -- this was my math as well. Other than other ongoing issues reasons, I wonder why the Regent website doesn't allow you to sign up for 2 nights per venue for a 14-night cruise? Seems like this would be only fair, as passengers with a 7-night cruise can sign up for 1 per venue. But then, that's why we made our reservations the way we did: to get our 2 nights per venue.

Just for clarification, the difficulty I was having in the first place was those people who booked VERY early -- thus leaving passengers like Rally who booked 30 days in advance the option of only one night. This is really the same as people who booked excursions more than 120 days in advance, thus leaving fewer choices for people attempting to book at 120 days.

Having the right to book 2 nights in a dining venue when you are on a 14 day cruise or B2B cruise is another issue entirely. At this time, however, only one reservation per restaurant per cabin is allowed. It would be nicer if Regent changed that policy. However, it would be even better if the computer was working correctly for the first time in 2009!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine obviously is that all passengers who pre-book excursions or make dining reservations should only have the opportunity to book them at the times and dates Regent specifies (even if Regent makes an error). If, for instance, an ATM machine gave you $600 instead of $300. . . . this does not make the money yours.

If, for instance, an ATM machine gave you $600 instead of $300. . . . this does not make the money yours.

:D To my mind the argument is that the ATM only gave him the $300 he asked for and was entitled to, but gave it to him early. What's more, if this was a "mistake" Regent did have the opportunity to say "all bets are off" and come back 30 days out. They did not.

As you say, we are all entitled to our opinion and there are bigger issues.

:D To my mind the argument is that the ATM only gave him the $300 he asked for and was entitled to, but gave it to him early. What's more, if this was a "mistake" Regent did have the opportunity to say "all bets are off" and come back 30 days out. They did not.

As you say, we are all entitled to our opinion and there are bigger issues.

Really curious what the bigger issues are (in terms of Regent, of course). Everything seems to be fine with the ships -- with the service and food. Only excursions and dining reservations seem to be having difficulty. Actually, Regent was in a no win situation. Passengers who cannot get reservations are upset. Passengers that had early reservations would have been upset if they had been cancelled.

Ok, off to the bank to get my "early" $300;)

Really curious what the bigger issues are (in terms of Regent, of course). Everything seems to be fine with the ships -- with the service and food. Only excursions and dining reservations seem to be having difficulty. Actually, Regent was in a no win situation. Passengers who cannot get reservations are upset. Passengers that had early reservations would have been upset if they had been cancelled.

Ok, off to the bank to get my "early" $300;)

My bigger issues were beyond Regent! I am perfectly satisfied with the Regent trips I have and the ones to come. I just can't get too excited about someone getting a head start on me or others when there is no evidence that anyone else will be adversely affected. Even the more so when the recalcitrant did what the website allowed him to do.

But I appreciate that we all have different points of view and now I'll move on :)

Archived