Carnival Freedom Children's Pool

sariwi30

Hi I am looking to sail the Carnival Freedom on July 4th with DH and 2 year old son. I read somewhere that they have a children's pook outside of the camp Carnival. Does anyone know if kids in swim diapers can use this pool or you need to be potty trained to use the kids pool as well? Any help would be great!

Swim diapers are not allowed in any pool on any Carnival ship. :( The rule is the same fleetwide. The children's pool is for kids that are potty trained.

I've been on a Carnival ship when that rule was ignored and they had to close the children's pool down on our only sea day (for cleaning) So my kids couldn't swim at all on our cruise because someone didn't think the rules applied to them. :(

You can bring a small inflatable pool for the child and set it up.

Are the waterworks areas that exist on some ships okay for kids in diapers?

Depends on who you ask. ;)

OFFICIALLY, no, the water works are off limits to kids in diapers. That's the official word from Carnival. Waterworks are included in their "No diapered babies in pool" rule

as a mom I know that diapers leak, rip etc. and I would be beyond mortified if my child caused a pool or splash area to be shut down.

the rule is in place for a reason...hygenics! But then again I dont use public pools at all because I know what adults do in them;)

No, non potty trained kids cant use the children's pool but you will see non potty trained kids in it as well as the waterworks. Not saying its right, just commenting on what Ive seen every cruise I have been on. We brought a small blow-up pool for our DD when she wasnt potty trained and we also used it in the shower as a bathtub.

We were on the Freedom this past January and children did have swim diapers in the little pool next to Camp Carnival. The pool is really nothing to write home about, it is very tiny and there are no lounge chairs close to the pool for parents. One word of warning though-the pool gets extremely slippery, I think this is due to sunscreen washing off the children. My kids and myself slipped on several occasions.

When I cruise again I will look for pool areas that are conductive to children, i.e. the H20 area on certain RCC ships.

Archived