Theft in cabin 8047

cruzemaven

This was reported on another thread yesterday. My concern is that we will be in this same cabin on The Quest in July. Has anyone else had a similar experience on this ship?...

#50 Yesterday, 04:35 PM

ElaineS

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Mar 2006

My watch was stolen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in Sky Suite 8047 and my watch was stolen on the last night

I left it by the safe and was too lazy to put it away

It was not a very expensive watch (a GUESS FUN Watch) but it wa a gift from my husband and meant alot to me

The Head butler was expecting a tip, which I was going to give him in the morning.

When I left the cabin to go to a Sail Away party, I was late and met him in the foyer and he gave me a dirty look. I should have known.

He then delivered our breakfast so late the next morinng that we couldn't eat it and the order was all wrong

I called him but he refused to answer the phone. I then went to Guest Relations to report the watch, but had to leave the ship at 7AM for the airport

I did report it, but I don't expect to ever see the watch again.....

Cruzemaven,

There is no way I believe this story, We have been on more then 25 Cruises including Azamara, We have never had any missing items, Especially a cheap Guess Watch.

I have left expensive pieces of jewelery out of the save, because I was too lazy and nothing was ever taken.

The stewards and crew value their jobs and would not put them on the line for a cheap watch, believe me.

Who knows where the person left it and forgot. It's easy to blame the poor steward.

Please don't worry about any personnel on Azamara, they are doing a great job and they don't steal.

This was reported on another thread yesterday. My concern is that we will be in this same cabin on The Quest in July. Has anyone else had a similar experience on this ship?...

#50 Yesterday, 04:35 PM

ElaineS

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Mar 2006

My watch was stolen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in Sky Suite 8047 and my watch was stolen on the last night

I left it by the safe and was too lazy to put it away

It was not a very expensive watch (a GUESS FUN Watch) but it wa a gift from my husband and meant alot to me

The Head butler was expecting a tip, which I was going to give him in the morning.

When I left the cabin to go to a Sail Away party, I was late and met him in the foyer and he gave me a dirty look. I should have known.

He then delivered our breakfast so late the next morinng that we couldn't eat it and the order was all wrong

I called him but he refused to answer the phone. I then went to Guest Relations to report the watch, but had to leave the ship at 7AM for the airport

I did report it, but I don't expect to ever see the watch again.....

Something about this story doesn't seem exactly right. I'm not sure how recently this person cruised, but on our last Azamara cruise, in November 2008, they had just changed the tipping policy to auto-tipping. If she cruised since then, she would have had to go to some trouble to remove the auto-tips, and tip everyone in cash, but she doesn't mention that. I agree that it seems odd for a butler to endanger his job for a cheap watch.

Lisa

Something about this story doesn't seem exactly right. I'm not sure how recently this person cruised, but on our last Azamara cruise, in November 2008, they had just changed the tipping policy to auto-tipping. If she cruised since then, she would have had to go to some trouble to remove the auto-tips, and tip everyone in cash, but she doesn't mention that. I agree that it seems odd for a butler to endanger his job for a cheap watch.

Lisa

Hi Lisa !

You would make a good detective. I also agree that the employee would not risk their job for a cheap watch. I highly doubt they would risk their jobs under any circumstances. It's just not worth it.

To Cruzemaven : Frankly, I would not worry about this at all, and I hope you have a wonderful Cruise !

Many years ago while at a very nice resort I thought my watch had been stolen and reported it's loss to the front desk. I was sure the maid had taken it. I will never do that again, when I got home and dumped out my purse, there it was at the bottom. I probably put it there for "safe keeping"! I was so embarrassed. I did write to the manager and apologize for whatever that was worth. Lesson learned, I will never accuse someone of taking something again.

Archived