Anybody else so excited they can't stand it?

lovebug33

Do I feel out of place or what? I am not a teacher, don't work at a school, don't drive a school bus. I do drive past a school on my way to work though, so maybe that's good enough :)

Am I excited? God yes! I can't think of much else these days other than I WANT TO GET AWAY.

Ha ha ha....ditto!!! We set sail Sunday on Celebrity Mercury :D:D:D and I can't focus on anything...trying to pack right now but not really getting anywhere...

;)

I am both excited about my trip and panicking about my wedding planning. It's a difficult balance... every day brings me closer to my cruise but gives me one less day to get everything done before my big day!

I also fully understand the end-of-school year sentiments of teachers, etc. I am not a teacher, but I have 3 kids and volunteer a lot at school. I am the book fair chairperson for my daughter's elementary, and we just had our spring fair a few weeks ago. I was SO glad to have that done and over! I love doing it, but it's a lot of extra stress. I am also in school myself, taking only one class this quarter due to my otherwise busy schedule with the wedding and all. My last class (and final!) is June 16 and the kids get out the next day on June 17. The end of the school year is always so busy! All 3 of my kids have concerts coming up in the next few weeks. I will be glad when school is over (for all of us!) and I can focus on wedding plans and cleaning up the house. Packing will have to wait, but I've been to AK before and what I wore there in July last time was very much like what I wear here in the Seattle area in the spring. I'll put more thought/effort into my evening attire than my "Alaska" attire. Thank goodness we don't have to fly... I know I will bring too many shoes!:D

All you ex military types will know what getting "Short" is. We started our countdown aroun 160 days and tomorrow it will be under 30 days until we head out to Alaska on the Island Princess for 2 weeks of heaven. I can fit in here as I taught adults for 11 years. sicne they were military, none of them stunk that I remember. Except maybe at some of the tests I gave them:)

Cheers, Kenn

I'm a recently laid off (after 22 years)teacher's assistant. I'm now

volunteering at the school for the next 2 weeks just to keep from over

obsessing about our trip in 17 days!!! Also, Open House is next Thursday and I just couldn't bear to leave the teachers during this crazy time of the year.

I'm not a teacher, either, but my best friend and travel buddy is! We had quite a scare this year as we booked our FIRST cruise and then the snow days started stacking up! What began as a 2 week break between the last day of school and our departure day is now a 1 DAY break. Whew! We got lucky on that one! I'm the planner between the two of us and it's become a bit obsessive! :-) I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I can hardly stay in my own skin I'm so excited!!!! :-)

I, too, am excited and people I work with are sick of hearing about Alaska! We have a week cruising around in a RV before boarding the Carnival Spirit on July 1 so it's coming up fast!!!

Oh, and I'm a teacher too!

K.

I'm retiring in June after 24 years as an elementary school librarian. As soon as I finish counting down the last 22 school days, I'm starting the countdown to our August 28 cruise! It's a retirement present from me to me and my first cruise in over 20 years, so I'm super excited.

What's even crazier is that I live in Vegas and we had a snow day. So, work was supposed to be over June 5, but now it's not over until June 8. The first time this has happened in THIRTY years. We leave on June 6. Thank you to Jesus, the blessed mother, and all the saints that I have an awesome boss who found a way for me to make up the day so that I wouldn't have to cancel!

Archived