Anybody else so excited they can't stand it?

lovebug33

You know, it's 100 degrees here (literally), my students stink (literally), I got called a swear today, we ran out of air conditioning around 12:00, and I have to pack my classroom. It was all I could do today not to just stare and dream of being in Alaska where people can't smell nearly as bad as here and if you run out of air conditioning, it isn't so bad. Anybody else in my boat (or want to jump in the boat, I should say).

I am with you!! Actually, I may literally be with you ... I'm in Arizona and although today was overcast and gray, it will be 100 again by the weekend! We start our cruisetour on June 17! Only one more month to endure. :)

I don't teach any longer. I gave it up a few years ago for a different career, but I do understand. I'm sooo ready to jump ship at work to leave for my cruise and it is only 3 days away !!!!! Can I just leave work now ???? ;)

I wish I was teaching! I took a year off to care for my grandparents and then the economy tanked!! Now I have to wait at least another year to try to get back into a classroom.

I now make 1/2 of what I made as a teacher and only get 5 days a year vacation. But I enjoy my job and the people I work with.

85 Days till my cruise and I am counting down EVERY SINGLE STINKING ONE!!!!

ME Too! We leave this Saturday. My Sweetie flys out in the morning but I have to wait to fly into Vancouver untill Friday...:(

It has been a LONG wait but it is almost here!

I think my co-workers will be glad to not have to see me for 10 days after all the "Happy Dances" they have had to endure as I ticked off the Calendar Months and days! HA!:p

I can totally relate. I too am a teacher and I am going on my first cruise July 10th. I am so excited that I can't focus on anything else. Of course school ends in 15 days and the students have already shut down months ago. I can't wait to get out of here.

I am a P-K teacher. I can completely relate. I'm in Florida and it's been raining since Monday (we needed it). However my 17 (4 & 5 years olds) students are driving me NUTS since they can't go on the playground for their 2 25 minutes sessions. I don't work during the summer and our cruisetour starts June 14. So yes I'm mentally checked out! They next 25 days are going by so SLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!:confused:

Well I'm the guy who brings your babies to school in the big yellow bus and I leave a week from Sunday. Due to the big Ice storm our area endured this past January we wont be getting out of school until the Monday after I leave. Isn't it a shame I'm gonna miss the last day and have to force myself to drink them drinks of the day while at sea steaming toward Alaska.

I was a teacher for 34 years ...newly retired .Consider yourself lucky you had AC ...We NEVER did .My class faced the sun all day Even with blinds it was STIFLING .In Montreal in Spring the sun is pretty strong .the kids would quietly melt away.I allowed them to have water but I warned them about the heat in Spring and Fall.We finish school in June

After cold winters Spring was Hardest cause kids never felt like working and in that heat who could blame them???

Our kids had to be in uniform which was HOT!!!To try to teach teens in our heat is VERY HARD!!! YES IT DOES GET HOT!!!!

My classroom was a sauna as of 8 AM

I think I don't miss teaching !!!!!!

Michele

I'm verrrry excited! Lessee, I'm not a teacher, but I work at a major University and our faculty are at the point this Spring quarter where they are burned out from everything that is asked of them, the students are at the mid term point and look like zombies, and the staff are "spent" from al the demands on them. We are anxiously awaiting to hear today or tomorrow about more budget cuts and either furloughs or paycuts. (good thing we set aside money for the cruise already!) Regents...take me away!!

well, since this seems to be the "teachers looking forward to escaping to Alaska" thread - I'll join in! I teach music privately in my home - only 2 more weeks of lessons and then I'm SO out of here for Alaska! Now, if we could finalize the sale of our house, start packing everything up, find a house in the new community, get our kids all settled for the time we're away, and decide what my NEW career will be when we get to the next place....ah, but all that can wait - right now the cruise anticipation actually keeps me a little more sane than I would be (so I'm only half a basket case, instead of a full basket.)

I extremely excited about our June 6th Golden trip. Don't think I every needed a vacation so much (not a teacher, though). The bad the about booking so far in advance is then having to wait for the cruise. Maybe next time I'll book last minute and see if that helps. Looking forward to the long weekend to finish packing.

i am not a teacher, but i work with the public who most of the time acts like 8 year olds..i have to wait 137 days and i can't stand it and i know my co-workers are so ready to see me go, because that is all i am living for

You know, it's 100 degrees here (literally), my students stink (literally), I got called a swear today, we ran out of air conditioning around 12:00, and I have to pack my classroom. It was all I could do today not to just stare and dream of being in Alaska where people can't smell nearly as bad as here and if you run out of air conditioning, it isn't so bad. Anybody else in my boat (or want to jump in the boat, I should say).

Forty-five days and counting baby!:D

Yes I'm soooooooooooooooooooo excited we're leaving in a few hours for the airport. Few days pre cruise in Seattle before boarding the Pearl on Sunday,m woooooooooo hooooooooooo a year inplanning coming together.

Do I feel out of place or what? I am not a teacher, don't work at a school, don't drive a school bus. I do drive past a school on my way to work though, so maybe that's good enough :)

Am I excited? God yes! I can't think of much else these days other than I WANT TO GET AWAY.

Archived