Sports court on oasis?

What happens when balls drop down onto the boardwalk. I see the border at that side is built up but it will not stop a basketball or soccerball getting over the top. If a basketball was to land on someone below they would be in serious trouble. I was recently on Indy and about half a dozen soccer balls went over the side of the ship. Something will have to be done about Oasis and I can see it being very restrictive. Anybody have an opinion on this. Will there be a net over the whole thing. I think there'll have to be.

What happens when balls drop down onto the boardwalk. I see the border at that side is built up but it will not stop a basketball or soccerball getting over the top. If a basketball was to land on someone below they would be in serious trouble. I was recently on Indy and about half a dozen soccer balls went over the side of the ship. Something will have to be done about Oasis and I can see it being very restrictive. Anybody have an opinion on this. Will there be a net over the whole thing. I think there'll have to be.

And how about all the room that are directly under the sports court:eek::eek::eek:ever been in one of the kids clubs with the sports court above:eek:I hope they figured some SERIOUS soundproofing out:confused:

This won't be the case. RCL has never had nets and the artist's renderings dont have a net. We'll find out soon enough i suppose!

There are lots of little things showing up in the actual pix that weren't in the artists renderings.....I would take them with a grain of salt.

The artist's renderings i will admit aren't the best sources, however on the deck plans there IS space between the side of the basketball court and the open space that overlooks the Boardwalk (which by the way is supposed to have plexiglass protecting it) Not a major issue either way. I'll be sticking to minigolf as my basketball skills are far from Dwayne Wade's. ;) Also, i like your countdown clocks ;)

The artist's renderings i will admit aren't the best sources, however on the deck plans there IS space between the side of the basketball court and the open space that overlooks the Boardwalk (which by the way is supposed to have plexiglass protecting it) Not a major issue either way. I'll be sticking to minigolf as my basketball skills are far from Dwayne Wade's. ;) Also, i like your countdown clocks ;)

Why thank you:)I would still me more concerned on how loud it's going to be in those rooms directly under the sports court:eek:usually they are over the kids club or spa....and boy is it loud when they are playing:eek:

Back in my younger days (heh) On the Voyager Class ships when i was in adventure ocean our room was right under the sports court and every time the kids up above ran back and forth we could hear rumbling. Im sure RCCL has it covered i think that they'd be more concerned about people being disturbed while they're sleeping/relaxing etc. than 8 year olds trying to play a game of ga-ga ball or running around chasing each other with no particular goal. Do you sail mostly out of Tampa or Miami? Or another port?

Freedom class ships have a net....I assume they will use the same for Oasis.

Freedom class ships do not have a net. They have a barrier around the perimeter like hockey rinks do, but not an enclosing net.

Back in my younger days (heh) On the Voyager Class ships when i was in adventure ocean our room was right under the sports court and every time the kids up above ran back and forth we could hear rumbling. Im sure RCCL has it covered i think that they'd be more concerned about people being disturbed while they're sleeping/relaxing etc. than 8 year olds trying to play a game of ga-ga ball or running around chasing each other with no particular goal. Do you sail mostly out of Tampa or Miami? Or another port?

I have only sailed out of Tampa once....the most ports under my belt are Port Canaveral. I just sailed out of FLL for the first time last month and I am 0 for 0 out of MIA.

I brought this EXACT issue up when the first artist renderings were up, and I was poo-poo'ed. People told me that balls never get out of the barrier provided anyway. I had just been on the adventure ots and balls were jumping out left and right. Just imagine when the ball can fall 6 stories ontop of people below.

They better have a net or something more than a plexiglass barrier, or I see some lawsuits on RCCL's hands.

Archived