Galaxy Sky Suite 1014 - covered balcony?

CruiserJill

Can anyone tell me if this cabin has a covered balcony? This is our cabin for Jan. 22 panama canal cruise, and we'd REALLY like a covered balcony.

Balconies we've had in teh past we've not used much becuase there was too much sun. I know most of the Sky Suites on this deck has covered balconies, but I'm afraid we're in one of the ones that are NOT covered. That's how it appears on the Celebrity website for ship maps.

anyone know for sure?

Thanks!!

It's a personal preference, but if I were to have an SS on Deck 10 again I would go for one without the overhang. We have had 1012 and 1019 on Mercury and loved them both. We had the overhang this year and last in an RS. I must admit it was great when it rained, but you couldn't look up at the sky and I missed that a bit.

Keep looking at the Celebrity site. You never know. One may come up yet. And have a great cruise. You'll love it. We did!:)

Phil

My wife and I are booked on deck 10 SS with overhang on the February 14th departure from Galveston. I figured that when I want to enjoy the sun, I will fight for...I mean LOCATE :) one of the deck chairs near the pool so I can cool off periodically. Otherwise, I just want to read and relax with fresh air and that ever changing view.

The cabins of all the previous cruises we took had no verandahs and we had a great time. I do not believe any one thing such as a cabin or excursion makes or breaks a cruise.

I hope you get the one you want, but I am sure you will enjoy your cruise!

Cheers,

Jeffe

Excitedofharpenden-Sure do appreciate the information about the SKY Suites. We are planning to book a cruise on the Galaxy in 2006 and was wondering about the shape of the sky suites balconys on the Sky deck. In the deck plans it appears that they are different shapes, (triangle vs. square ect. with some of them appearing to be smaller than others. Any help will be most appreciated.

John, yes they are different shapes and sizes as they follow the shape of the deck below (The Oasis Cafe) so pick them with care. The only ones I probably wouldn't go for are 1210/1211 and 1222/1225 although be aware that even these balconies are still twice the size of those on deck 10.

The cut outs you see enable you to look forward or aft from your deck without robbing you of much space, so don't necessarily go for the biggest square balcony. The deck above can see onto two thirds of your balcony, but there was never much traffic up there when we have been and it is designated "quiet" (no jogging etc). You may find it busier when you are going through the locks.

Phil

Archived