Leaving Pacific Dawn MOnday

lynchie

I'm leaving Sydney on Monday for the tropical Queensland cruise.

Can anyone advise what they think or know the seas and weather will be like by then and what is expected, Im not good at reading weather and sea reports.

I think it is pretty safe to say it will be bumpy at the start. The Pacific Dawn rides rough seas very well, but I suggest you do not go up to the Dome if the seas are at all rough. The Showlounge also isn't a good spot to be. Stay midships in the Bengal Bar, Promenade Bar area. When you get to Far North Qld you should have lovely weather.

Evon.

It really depends on what this storm that hitting Queensland at the moment is going to do.

It could well be a bit bumpy out their.

I wont worry too much about the weather / seas, I am sure you will have a great time :D

It really depends on what this storm that hitting Queensland at the moment is going to do.

It could well be a bit bumpy out their.

I wont worry too much about the weather / seas, I am sure you will have a great time :D

The storm isn't hitting Queensland at the moment :D:D. We are very happy about that but the people in Northern NSW aren't. The last time I looked at a weather map, the low is located off the coast between Ballina and Coffs Harbour area. It was mentined that the low has lost some intensity.:) It could continue to track southward or it could make a U turn and come back up the coast.

Evon.

Hi Lynchie,

I have just had a look at the website that has predictions of wave heights. In three days time it predicts the low will have degenerated a lot and be between Brisbane and Rockhampton.

I suggest your friend take some crystallised ginger and if she feels a bit 'off' she should ask at the buffet for a green apple. It shoud be eaten with the skin on. Another tip is to have a drink of ginger ale.

Evon.

Hi Lynchie,

Just wanted to wish you a FANTASTIC first cruise. Pacific Dawn is a great ship.

Like another CCer has said, avoid the Dome if you are feeling a bit sick as this is at the very front of the ship. If you are feeling the effects of seasickness, dont stay in your room especially if you dont have a window. Go and sit either outside on deck near the pools, or somewhere central in the ship such as the cafe area near the Pursers Desk / The Atrium.

Can't wait to hear all about your trip, take lots of photos!!

Happy Cruising :)

Thanks heaps for the tips, My friends wife whos coming is 20 weeks pregnant and cant take sea sick tablete so we are worried for her.

Lots hope it clear up

You could always get a prescription for maxalon, i know it iisnt meant to stop motion sickness but as far as nausea it more than worked for me, made me a little drowsy tho (would take one before sleep) on rough nights or when i was feeling the sea a bit too much. U can take them if u have drunk too...not that u should take with alc but its fairly compatible with everything. I found it to work better thaan travacalm)kwell as it seemed to get rid of the nausea from my stomach.

Half of it is mind over matter, try the apple like evon said and carry some ginger or maxalon(if it is safe for her) in a pocket or something for piece of mind. It takes a fair bit to make the dawn really rock, so u will be fine!

Hi Lynchie,

It's fine and sunny in our neck of the woods (Yeppoon on Tr Capricorn). On Sunday we are expecting a breezy 25-30knots and maybe an isolated shower. I imagine that by Monday Sydney's weather will be sunny too. I heard our weatherman say low is heading NE to New Caledonia.

Have a super cruise and don't worry about the weather. Take some seasick meds if you're concerned about any chop.

Cheers,

Anna

Get some sachets of ginger tea for your pregnant friend. They are lovely and calming on the stomach pregnant/sea sick or not they are very nice. They were free on the Dawn Princess dont know about Pacific Dawn though.

Dont stress as they said you will have a lovely time..enjoy.

Archived