Stop on the way to the port?

kt23st

We are staying at the airport marriot the night befor our cruise (we do not arrive in Miami until 10 pm) What do you think of us having our taxi stop on the way to the port at a grocery store for soda and water? I have never actually taken a taxi before and have no idea how this might work?

Thank you!

We stayed at the Crown Plaza Airport in '07 and we took a cab to the port. I needed to stop at a drug store, a CVS or a Walgreens and told the driver. He knew right where to go and I don't believe our stop cost us any more than the posted rate from aiport to port. We also tipped him well.

We stayed at the Crown Plaza Airport in '07 and we took a cab to the port. I needed to stop at a drug store, a CVS or a Walgreens and told the driver. He knew right where to go and I don't believe our stop cost us any more than the posted rate from aiport to port. We also tipped him well.

I would tell the driver before you get in that you need to stop at a Walgreens ( It seems there is on on every major intersection) and would he mind.. If he says yes he would mind, then ask how much extra would it cost. If he still says no, just pass and wait for the next taxi.... It really should not be a problem

As the previous poster said a nice tip would be nice.

Archived