Doc's Cave Beach questions...

waterbound

I have added Docs Cave Beach to my plans while in Mo Bay.. I just have some questions for some of you guys that may have been there before..

What is the entry fee?? adults/children

Are there any non motorized sports? such as kayaks...

Umbrellas? is there a cost?

Drinks? I assume there is a place to buy drinks..

Can you rent a waverunner?? if so what is cost??

Does anyone have any pictures??

Tia

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try to help you out - we have been to Docs a few times.

http://www.doctorscavebathingclub.com/

It will cost abou $4.00 per person to get to the beach. Except it to be crowded - always seems to be no matter what time of year.

I can't remember exactly how much they charged - but believe it was about $4.00 per person. They charge to rent everything from chairs, to umbrellas or snorkel equipment. They have a resturant there now - but I have never tried it.

I have seen people renting waverunners and such - but never asked myself. It does turn into a very expensive day.

If not for these boards and finding out about Sunset Beach Resort we would probably be going there again this time.

Sunset Beach only charges $20.00 per person (cheaper for younger kids) and this includes your drinks - alcoholic and non - food - non-motorized water equipment ( I think someone mentioned that they do rent motorized) putt-putt - swim-up bar pool - 3 beaches - and I hear they are building a small waterpark. Can't beat that. It will cost our family of 4 about $90.00 for the day (20 each and $5 each way for the cab).

Docs will run a family of four $24 for taxi, about $16.00 for admission - already $40.00 and you ahven't included anything else. It gets hot on that beach and you can run up a pretty hefty drink tab only and you have to have an umbrella because it is so hot. Then of course the kids want to snorkel.

Yes - we enjoyed Docs and we would leave there and walk up the street to Margaritaville and blow another $80.00 on lunch - which was just hamburgers, fries and a drink.

You may want to check it out - http://www.sunsetbeachjamaica.com/

Archived