SKY MAY 18th

Partyatsea

Just off the Sky, 1st time, had a great time. Didn't do everything but we did do somethings, any questions we can answer, we will try to help. Don't know what the old buffet looked like so we really can't comment. Overall had a awesome trip!

What location were you in on the Sky? I'm a little bit nervous as I'm reading about the "sewer smell" aft in the hallway.:eek: Did you notice this?

Hope you enjoyed your cruise and *sniff* I'm sorry that it's over!

NayRN

Hate to say but there was an off odor in the rear stairwell. We were in an aft balcony on the 9th deck. The ONLY time we really noticed it was on this one stairwell. The room never had a smell and the hallway back there was fine also. We really aren't sure its even a sewer odor. Gf thought it was a garbage smell, I thought it was a musty smell. Totally didn't impact our trip in anyway! Thought we may have been more cogniscent of it because of these boards! Don't be nervous!

There were a few times the lines were backed up but not really anymore than we saw on the Gem in December. This was our 1st time on the Sky. The Great Outdoors usually had much smaller lines and had a most but not all that was offered inside. There was also a guy making omelets at the pool bar, starboard side, in the morning who never seemed to have a line. Overall we thought the buffet was fine.

I was on the Sky May 15. I noticed the smell in the aft hallways. It was actually quite noticable when I came down the stairs.

The Chocoholic "buffet" was on our last night and consisted of a chocolate fountain into which a staff member would dip a piece of fruit or cake for you but it closed early. When I went back after 10 p.m. it was already closed. This was my only real "complaint" about our cruise- there wasn't much to snack on after the show got out at 9:30. The Great Outdoor Cafe had a small selection and not much for the sweet tooth!

Overall we had a great cruise though!

I was on the Sky May 15. I noticed the smell in the aft hallways. It was actually quite noticable when I came down the stairs.

The Chocoholic "buffet" was on our last night and consisted of a chocolate fountain into which a staff member would dip a piece of fruit or cake for you but it closed early. When I went back after 10 p.m. it was already closed. This was my only real "complaint" about our cruise- there wasn't much to snack on after the show got out at 9:30. The Great Outdoor Cafe had a small selection and not much for the sweet tooth!

Overall we had a great cruise though!

Thanks for the info. A chocolate fountain would be pretty unimpressive I imagine. By chance did you check out room service? On the Pearl we could get cake, cheesecake and cookies or something. Gosh its nice when people cook food for you and bring it to your room.

Was there a clothsline that you pull out from the wall in the shower for your wet swimsuits.

No, there was no clothesline in our room (aft balcony) there are hooks on the back of the bathroom door as well as plenty of towel bars to hang from.

P&L

Considering booking for next weekend, June 5th, last minute. Was on the GEM last summer in the med and loved it. Is the specialty restaurants good on this ship? Is there anything worthwhile on Stirrup Cay? I have been to Nassau before so no need for info on that. Any other comments to share?

Thanks.

gfcleba we didn't do any specialty restaurant on the Sky but did walk thru Cagneys and it looked beautiful. A couple we met on board raved about Le Bistro. We missed GSC this trip due to weather but the captain found a sunny spot somewhere and made it a great pool day. We really missed the navigation channel! Have been 2 GSC twice before tho and we loved it. A little crowded but being NYers we are used to blanket to blanket on the beach. Nice and relaxing, nice BBQ put out, and no fee as compared to goin to the beach in any other port. Btw the cab driver in Nassau on the way back from the Wyhdham told us all beaches in Nassau are public and can be used for no charge. You only have to pay if want to you use any facilities. The chicken wings in Longboard were awesome. Longboard is the Gems Blue Lagoon. Have a great time!

The easiest way to post pictures, etc. is through a website like webshots and then just post the link here. I'm not sure I'm actually allowed to say that... or is it just booking sites that are not allowed? I've seen and posted links from there many times, so I think it's okay... :)

Or you can go to photobucket.com, upload your pictures, then click on the picture you want to post here, copy the code that says something about "for forum posts" (should be right underneath the picture). Make sure its an actual code, not a link. It will start with a "<". Then come here, paste that code into your message, hit preview message so you can see if it actually comes up. If it does, then post! :) If it doesnt, you copied the wrong code.

This is off of memory, I'm not looking at photobucket at the moment but that's about it. Too, they explain how to do it.

This also works for any website, including that webshots one but I dont use that one. Good Luck!;)

~Molly

Archived