Seattle Sheraton Downtown - nearby restaurants suggestions

cruzgryphon

Hi all,

I've been learning and saving a lot of time by reviewing all the great Seattle threads on this board - thanks to those providing input.

I'll be traveling from the East Coast a couple of days before the cruise. For my arrival day, I would appreciate some feedback on a restaurant near the downtown Sheraton (say a couple of blocks radius) to get some dinner and unwind after a day of travel. I'm looking for something outside the hotel so I can stretch my legs a little and get my bearings.

Someplace where I can where casual clothes, and wouldn't necessarily require reservations.

I've checked on tripadvisor, but also wanted to get some local insights from this group.

Thanks,

CG

Hi all,

I've been learning and saving a lot of time by reviewing all the great Seattle threads on this board - thanks to those providing input.

I'll be traveling from the East Coast a couple of days before the cruise. For my arrival day, I would appreciate some feedback on a restaurant near the downtown Sheraton (say a couple of blocks radius) to get some dinner and unwind after a day of travel. I'm looking for something outside the hotel so I can stretch my legs a little and get my bearings.

Someplace where I can where casual clothes, and wouldn't necessarily require reservations.

I've checked on tripadvisor, but also wanted to get some local insights from this group.

Thanks,

CG

We ate lunch at the Cheesecake Factory - 1/2 block away from the Sheraton. There were other places for burgers, etc., at the Gameworks and Fox something or other where we also ate and all were good and quite reasonable and within a block or two of the Sheraton. Pike's Market was an easy walk and we had lunch at Lowell's there with a great view of the water.

If you like Italian, the downstairs casual part of Il Fornaio at the corner of Sixth and Olive is very good and reasonably priced. I also like the Rockbottom brewpub on Fifth between Union and University, and the cafe/bar at Palomino (on the third floor of the US Bank building across the street from the Sheraton)--very fun, lively atmosphere. If you go, be sure to check out all the glass artwork that's scattered through the 3 stories of the atrium in that building--there's some pretty cool stuff.

Archived